This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ehhh not a fan of the pet battle finder.

#1MarndosPosted 10/10/2012 12:41:34 PM
It's constantly pairing me against people with pets higher level than mine. Just now I got paired against a guy with 3 level 11 pets while mine are 10, 9, 9. This is a regular occurrence.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#2SteamsterPosted 10/10/2012 12:49:08 PM
It's working with what it has.

If nobody else queuing has exactly what you have then....well, sometimes you'll be the underdog and sometimes the other guy will be. What else can you really expect from it?
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/10/2012 12:58:42 PM
Are those level gaps even significant?
#4Lightning BoltPosted 10/10/2012 12:59:30 PM
Are those level gaps even significant?

Yeah actually. Even a small level gap is pretty hard to overcome, pets scale up way fast.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#5Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/10/2012 1:03:27 PM
haven't bothered to get past level 6, seems reallyyyyy tedious.
#6Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 1:08:09 PM
Yeah there are only 25 pet levels so each one is pretty significant
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#7Aposter26Posted 10/10/2012 1:23:48 PM
I've found that even if someone has 2 pets the same level as you, and 1 pet a level higher, you will lose almost every single time, unless they make a mistake or you get extremely lucky and his attacks miss. That 1 level provides quite a punch.
#8AshrahnPosted 10/10/2012 1:27:23 PM
Some people rig it by having two higher level pets, and one low level so they get in to fight the lower levels. Should go by your highest pet, IMO, to stop that.
#9HeftybagsPosted 10/10/2012 1:27:30 PM
It will balance itself out over time. I think more people are doing dailies, new heroics and raids, gearing up, professions, etc. before they start seriously doing pet battles. There will be a point in the near future where you will be 25/25/25 along with many others.
---
I watch Cops with no pants on.
#10Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 2:12:24 PM(edited)
I'm also a bit worried because I've seen that the rarer pets do have an advantage over the more generic ones, due to the fact that I've seen some extremely powerful abilities from rare pets that surpass anything I have.

At any rate some types of pets have innate abilities that are much better than others. The Undead and Mechanical abilities to revive themselves after they die are f***ing amazing compared to some of the others.

Overall pet battles have some balance issues that need to be worked out and I have some faith in Blizzard to iron out some of the wrinkles.
---