This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pretty sure Paragon exploited H Garaj

#41aLINKinthechainPosted 10/12/2012 11:39:08 AM
What's funny is that all of you kept arguing after 2 people posted video kills with comments saying that there was no smoke bomb mechs used.

Round of applause for you guys.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
#42Lightning BoltPosted 10/12/2012 12:19:50 PM
What's funny is that all of you kept arguing after 2 people posted video kills with comments saying that there was no smoke bomb mechs used.

It was more a theoretical argument than anything to me. I honestly don't give a damn about whether it was relevant to reality.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#43ElaeusPosted 10/12/2012 12:36:05 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...

It was more a theoretical argument than anything to me. I honestly don't give a damn about whether it was relevant to reality.

Same for everyone involved. He just wanted someone to bite.

It's ok LB; at least now you gave his miserable existence some sort of justification.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#44Lightning BoltPosted 10/12/2012 12:37:05 PM
It's ok LB; at least now you gave his miserable existence some sort of justification.

I guess that's all I'm good for. Satisfying other people's epeen.
.___.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#45ChocoboMogALTPosted 10/12/2012 12:48:39 PM
XtraT posted...
that's your opinion, but you can't argue against a definition.

Also by your example, I could say that beating mario 64 in 30 mins isn't a bug, it's just clever jumpings through walls.

Yeah, it's my opinion, but it's one I've found fairly defensible.
Jumping through walls is intended to not happen, that's a bug, it's being taken advantage of, it's an exploit. Parkouring your way up thwomp tower? Unintended player action, but game functioning as intended.
---
"We live in a country Hasire.." ~ yosouf06
REVOLVER STAKE! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/ChocoboMog123/AltEisenRChocoboMog.png
#46Nightbird_XPosted 10/12/2012 1:44:19 PM
Elaeus posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
BearlyWilling posted...
Just because it is in the game does not mean it is intended by Blizzard. People should know that by now.

Doesn't really matter if it's intended or not tbh. There are a LOT of games where clever players have surpassed the creators.
In fact, that's the hallmark of a great game where there's so much freedom for creativity that even the makers hadn't thought of everything you could do with them.

XtraT posted...
A bug by definition is something that is not intended (in a computer/program). A WoW bug is something that is not intended by the WoW developers.

A bug is a mechanic that is broken and doesn't work as intended, resulting from an error in the code. Every mechanic in this situation is working perfectly as intended.

This is just a strategy that blizz didn't think of. There are no bugs involved in this situation.

Yeah, no.

LK first kill was revoked due to something similar (saronite bombs) that allowed Ensidia to render the Valkyries mechanic in that fight easier to deal with.

If Blizzard considered this a bug of the same nature they will take the same action.

Well that was a little different. If they were using the smoke bomb ability, that's just in-game mechanics being used in a way not intended (so still an exploit).

The saronite bomb thing was an absolute broken-ass exploit-of-exploits. Using SBs would rebuild the platform after LK shattered the edges which shouldn't ever happen..lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#47ChocoboMogALTPosted 10/12/2012 1:49:58 PM
Nightbird_X posted...
Elaeus posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
BearlyWilling posted...
Just because it is in the game does not mean it is intended by Blizzard. People should know that by now.

Doesn't really matter if it's intended or not tbh. There are a LOT of games where clever players have surpassed the creators.
In fact, that's the hallmark of a great game where there's so much freedom for creativity that even the makers hadn't thought of everything you could do with them.

XtraT posted...
A bug by definition is something that is not intended (in a computer/program). A WoW bug is something that is not intended by the WoW developers.

A bug is a mechanic that is broken and doesn't work as intended, resulting from an error in the code. Every mechanic in this situation is working perfectly as intended.

This is just a strategy that blizz didn't think of. There are no bugs involved in this situation.

Yeah, no.

LK first kill was revoked due to something similar (saronite bombs) that allowed Ensidia to render the Valkyries mechanic in that fight easier to deal with.

If Blizzard considered this a bug of the same nature they will take the same action.

Well that was a little different. If they were using the smoke bomb ability, that's just in-game mechanics being used in a way not intended (so still an exploit).

The saronite bomb thing was an absolute broken-ass exploit-of-exploits. Using SBs would rebuild the platform after LK shattered the edges which shouldn't ever happen..lol

That's also something I wouldn't just label as an exploit. In a fiht where you need all the DPS you can get, combined with limited attempts, you can't simply remove a skill out of your natural rotation. Yes, they exploited it, but it was hardly their fault.
---
REVOLVER STAKE! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/ChocoboMog123/AltEisenRChocoboMog.png
#48aLINKinthechainPosted 10/12/2012 1:51:46 PM
Someone to bite...? ...My epeen? No. On a regular basis people dont read comments before posting. I find it funny and that was a perfect example.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
#49Nightbird_XPosted 10/12/2012 1:54:34 PM

That's also something I wouldn't just label as an exploit. In a fiht where you need all the DPS you can get, combined with limited attempts, you can't simply remove a skill out of your natural rotation. Yes, they exploited it, but it was hardly their fault.

So, because they KNEW it wasn't intended to work as such and they continued to do so, even having others that didn't normally use SBs use them for the purpose of exploiting them, that means it wasn't their fault?

Lol. You're a definitive Democrat all right. Don't show your face in public.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#50ChocoboMogALTPosted 10/12/2012 2:34:14 PM
Wrong on all accounts, but thanks for being so thoughtful.

Rogues would use Saronite Bombs regardless of the glitch. It's not something they could have afforded to avoid. Did they exploit it? Yes, I admitted that, but it couldn't be helped. Some actual player testing would have quickly revealed the glitch had Blizzard bothered to test anything whatsoever.
---