This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Challenge modes - how do?

#1Viper114Posted 10/17/2012 10:26:59 AM
I haven't tried any challenge modes yet, but I do see the daily quests to try and do them. I'm just wondering before I do, how it's done. If I pick up the quest and then queue for that dungeon, does it automatically begin the challenge mode for everyone in the group? Or is it only set if all party members have that quest? I am willing to try some of these challenges, but I'd rather do so only if the other party members are also ready and willing to try, too.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2Ness0123456789Posted 10/17/2012 10:28:34 AM
You form a full group, select challenge mode from your difficult drop down on your character portrait, and then enter the dungeon manually.

You cannot queue for Challenge Modes.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#3no1oblivionfanPosted 10/17/2012 10:30:05 AM
You can't queue for them. The quest is only a quest, like the daily heroic back in the day. You have to manually walk to the instance with your party. You can invite cross realm friends too though. And you set the challenge mode by right clicking your portrait, dungeon difficulty-->Challenge Mode.

Be sure to stock up on lesser invisibility potions food and flasks.
---
^The PvE Guy^
Steam: An_Orang3e
#4Viper114(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 10:30:19 AM
So you have to form the full 5-man group before you do anything? I thought the LFD would have sorted it out somehow, but I guess that makes sense. So I guess I need to get the quest, find a group who wants to do it, then we all queue for the dungeon in question and go from there, I assume.
---
#5Orestes417Posted 10/17/2012 10:32:13 AM
No you form a group, then go to the dungeon. There is no queueing at any point in the process
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them
#6Viper114(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 10:34:26 AM
Ah, ok, I see, so the challenges have nothing to do with the LFD. Understandable, since often it's hard to get a group coordinated for just normal runs in dungeons, let alone something challenging. OK, so I will see what happens when I try my first challenge run soon. Thanks for clarifying.
---
#7Kcaz64Posted 10/17/2012 10:38:11 AM
Also, the daily quest is irrelevant. You just set the difficulty to "challenge" instead of "heroic" after forming the group and zone in. The quest is just for some valor points.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kil'jaeden/Bearsmith/advanced - Best Paladin in the world.