This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best Raiding Mage spec?

#1Slasher900Posted 10/22/2012 11:56:22 PM
I've seen frost mages putting out 100k DPS and I've seen Fire Mages putting out 100k DPS.
So which is best of the Mages? I've seen Arcane Mages doing 75k+

Also during 5.1 they are adding a Cool down to Pyroblast. Do you guys think that will affect Fire Mages a lot?
IF Fire Mages are now the top DPS.... Will Frost become top because of Pyroblast getting a Cool down?
---
I play video games.
#2Nfan42991Posted 10/22/2012 11:59:54 PM
I think the order is Frost > Fire > Arcane, with Frost and Fire being close at the top and Arcane a few notches down.

I'm not sure which I like the best, but they're all pretty fun and somewhat (more) difficult than before.
---
Team Arlington - Redd
#3Right_Chus_1Posted 10/23/2012 12:30:06 AM(edited)
Fire is drastically higher than frost and arcane is the second worst spec in the entire game if this thing is accurate at all..

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/100/14/60/default/
#4ElaeusPosted 10/23/2012 4:41:23 AM
I believe the added cd to pyroblast will have an effect but afaik haste is now a good stat for fire and it affects the cd of PB.

Fire and frost are not that different for now but I see frost being more reliable and giving better result to my group.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#5Nightbird_XPosted 10/23/2012 4:44:25 AM
The CD to Pyroblast supposedly won't affect Fire as it is lowered by Haste; Blues say it was only added because of PvP.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6bdavis93Posted 10/23/2012 5:01:13 AM
Frost does about the best when you first hit 90, but as you get more gear(and more gear with crit!) fire begins to be better than frost because it scales better.
#7Halo EightPosted 10/23/2012 5:17:02 AM
Nightbird_X posted...
The CD to Pyroblast supposedly won't affect Fire as it is lowered by Haste; Blues say it was only added because of PvP.

Yeah, people are whining about Deep Freeze/Shatter Pyroblast chaining. Kind of limits Alter Time a bit for the spec, which is lame since Frost can store Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze procs.

PVE I guess it should be ok since you naturally want to start a fireball cast after a Pyro, but Presence of Mind Ignite building is going to suffer. We'll have to see how it effects combustion.
---
#8Nightbird_XPosted 10/23/2012 5:22:29 AM
Halo Eight posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

Yeah, people are whining about Deep Freeze/Shatter Pyroblast chaining. Kind of limits Alter Time a bit for the spec, which is lame since Frost can store Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze procs.

PVE I guess it should be ok since you naturally want to start a fireball cast after a Pyro, but Presence of Mind Ignite building is going to suffer. We'll have to see how it effects combustion.

Really, they should have seen this in Beta anyways. I knew it was a possible problem, hence why I went PoM Fire on my Mage. No AP, but it's a "better" 3-sec nuker like in Vanilla. I liked that PoM-AP-Pyro play style..
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10