This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reins of the Dark Phoenix account bound?

#1TheLoneGunmenPosted 10/24/2012 11:10:23 AM
Will all my toons get it?
---
In their own unique way, the three gunmen were patriots, fighting the good fight.
#2Gibberling007Posted 10/24/2012 11:10:46 AM
Yep, all mounts are account-wide
---
'My chosen torture makes me stronger / in a life that craves the hunger. / A freedom and a quest for life / until the end of judgment night.' -Devils Never Cry
#3Viper114Posted 10/24/2012 11:13:34 AM
Correction, MOST mounts are account wide. A small number are still character limited (I think the Paladin and Warlock specific ones are still only for Paladins and Warlocks, for example). But the Dark Phoenix can be used by anyone on your account.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#4Gibberling007Posted 10/24/2012 11:17:57 AM
Other characters don't have the paladin / warlock mounts because they learn to summon those mounts as spells..

Should we also say that druid's flight form isn't account wide?
---
'My chosen torture makes me stronger / in a life that craves the hunger. / A freedom and a quest for life / until the end of judgment night.' -Devils Never Cry
#5Viper114Posted 10/24/2012 11:21:08 AM
I thought they were free mounts, not spells. Well, I suppose that kind of makes sense, but there are still some that are still character limited in some way.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#6SteamsterPosted 10/24/2012 11:26:46 AM
Gibberling007 posted...
Other characters don't have the paladin / warlock mounts because they learn to summon those mounts as spells..

Not everyone has played warlock/paladin or is familiar enough with them to know for a fact that it's simply a spell. They might believe it's genuinely a mount like one would typically expect a mount to be... Druid's shapeshifting not being included is a lot more obvious to the player who has no clue about the classes being mentioned, considering it's blatantly a spell and not a potential object.

So no, we shouldn't mention druids, but we should clarify to the potential noobier readers that there are exceptions that one might not pick up on without significant exposure to specific classes in the game.
#7AmakusaPosted 10/24/2012 11:55:30 AM
Gibberling007 posted...

Except for the fact that Paladin/Warlock mounts are actual mounts while Druid forms are just shapeshifts.

It's also how Monk's Zen Flight isn't a mount, either.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#8akaPlumcrazyPosted 10/24/2012 12:00:30 PM
Some are class mounts (pally/lock/DK) and only that class gets them and others are faction mounts even the traveler mammoth is faction limited you pay up to 20k for it but only the faction side you buy it on gets it.
---
It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6 ....