This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are Druids in pandaria

#1deerman420Posted 10/28/2012 10:09:36 AM
I always main a druid but havent played since burning crusade. I wou;ld love to get back into it to rip and mangle horde characters. I'm looking for a review on druids. Are they overpowered currently? how is feral?
#2no1oblivionfanPosted 10/28/2012 10:20:25 AM
Feral is one of the best single target DPS specs. Boomkins are one of the best multi-target DPS specs. Can't really speak for healers but as for DPS, they're doing great.
---
^The PvE Guy^
Steam: An_Orang3e
#3Lightning BoltPosted 10/28/2012 10:27:34 AM
Yeah the dps is doing quite well.
I personally feel like Guardians are the weakest tanks, but maybe that's just because they feel so gutted and limited compared to what they used to be able to do that I can't look at mine in the eye without thinking she's a whore.

Resto is fine. Not great, not bad. Similar HPS to other healers, similar mana, the playstyle is roughly the same with a tiny ounce more utility (still rather poor utility though).
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4mutation10101Posted 10/28/2012 11:05:41 AM
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/100/14/60/default/
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/100/14/60/default/
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#5PirwzwhomperPosted 10/28/2012 12:42:00 PM
They're the most-enjoyable healing class for me. Cat isn't bad for DPS but I don't enjoy it. I just use it because I don't want to try killing things as Resto.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#6SimplyQuidPosted 10/28/2012 1:10:36 PM
They shifted guardian away from lots of damaging abilities to lots of mitigation. No pulverize means you're always spamming lacerate. It felt kind of boring at first, but now that I'm using my active mitigation and managing my rage more closely it's enjoyable. Not sure how it stacks up to other tanks though.

Resto is decent. Middling healers, better than priests, not nearly as good as monks or shaman, kinda iffy with comp. to paladins. Same ol same ol rotation wise. LB, rejuv, nourish repeat. The talent spells really integrate well with the two specs though.
#7FenriradramelkPosted 10/28/2012 7:36:28 PM
deerman420 posted...
I always main a druid but havent played since burning crusade. I wou;ld love to get back into it to rip and mangle horde characters. I'm looking for a review on druids. Are they overpowered currently? how is feral?

lets see, since burning crusade...

Feral (Damage) and Feral (Tank) have been split up. Feral is now the "cat" spec, while Guardian is the "tank" spec. You still have access to bear or cat forms, but it is GREATLY noticeable that you can't be effective at both in one or the other specs (ie: Bears don't have shred, tiger's fury, or savage roar; Cats don't have as much armor, crit immunity, or as much rage generation).

Feral has an actual interrupt now (Skull Bash; in BC there was no explicit interrupt, as only bear charge and/or maim did that then).

Feral has actual AoE ability now (kitties had no AoE in BC; now we have Thrash, an AoE bleed, and Swipe, an AoE direct damage ability).

Feral no longer has Cower (which I might add was never really fixed to work on % of threat). Then again, it's not like you'll need it as long as the tanks aren't terribad.

The new level 87 ability is Symbiosis. Basically you cast it on a party member, and you give them a druid spell, and they give you one of their spells. For Feral, most of these abilities are cooldown utility style spells that sound great, but most of the time you'll forget you even have it.

Depending on your talent choices, you may have a relatively simple rotation, or an exceedingly difficult one. Just because the talent trees were simplified doesn't mean you shouldn't do some research into picking the ones that are most suitable to you.

As Feral, your basic single target rotation is like so:
Keep Savage Roar up
Keep Rake up
Keep 5CP Rip up
Shred to dump energy
Mangle if you can't get behind the target
If the target is under 25% HP, use Ferocious Bite instead of Rip, this will refresh Rip to full duration.
Intermingle that with using Tiger's Fury and Berzerk as baseline abilities.
Intermingle that with using your talent choices as damage boosts when & where possible.

Overall:
Feral DPS is technically simcrafted out to be the single highest potential DPS melee spec in the game. The thing is it relies pretty heavily at that point on perfectly timed & refreshed DoT's with stacking damage multipliers from at least 2 different sources (procced in two different ways).
The majority of Feral DPS'ers will fall somewhere in the upper-middle of a typical raid group.
In PVP, Feral has again, a very high potential, but under any kind of real pressure and you will die without support or very twitch-minded reflexes to get off cyclones, roots, and other forms of CC and/or self healing.
---
The Sun was born, so it shall die. As we were forged we shall return.
I know in darkness I will find you, giving up inside like me.
#8steveoSEKPosted 10/28/2012 8:56:26 PM
honestly, i had to stop playing my kitty druid at 87. i got sick of having next to no aoe or anything. it wasn't a problem in the previous xpacs but mop is so multi-enemy pull heavy. i wasn't getting creamed or anything, it was just annoying having to do one at a time.

on my hunter i can at least use scattershot, traps, etc.. on dk...well, yeah.

rolling a spriest now.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/1t0njr.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo90xw.jpg
#9deerman420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2012 9:31:23 AM
Fenriradramelk posted...
deerman420 posted...

lets see, since burning crusade...

Feral (Damage) and Feral (Tank) have been split up. Feral is now the "cat" spec, while Guardian is the "tank" spec. You still have access to bear or cat forms, but it is GREATLY noticeable that you can't be effective at both in one or the other specs (ie: Bears don't have shred, tiger's fury, or savage roar; Cats don't have as much armor, crit immunity, or as much rage generation).

Feral has an actual interrupt now (Skull Bash; in BC there was no explicit interrupt, as only bear charge and/or maim did that then).

Feral has actual AoE ability now (kitties had no AoE in BC; now we have Thrash, an AoE bleed, and Swipe, an AoE direct damage ability).

Feral no longer has Cower (which I might add was never really fixed to work on % of threat). Then again, it's not like you'll need it as long as the tanks aren't terribad.

The new level 87 ability is Symbiosis. Basically you cast it on a party member, and you give them a druid spell, and they give you one of their spells. For Feral, most of these abilities are cooldown utility style spells that sound great, but most of the time you'll forget you even have it.

Depending on your talent choices, you may have a relatively simple rotation, or an exceedingly difficult one. Just because the talent trees were simplified doesn't mean you shouldn't do some research into picking the ones that are most suitable to you.

As Feral, your basic single target rotation is like so:
Keep Savage Roar up
Keep Rake up
Keep 5CP Rip up
Shred to dump energy
Mangle if you can't get behind the target
If the target is under 25% HP, use Ferocious Bite instead of Rip, this will refresh Rip to full duration.
Intermingle that with using Tiger's Fury and Berzerk as baseline abilities.
Intermingle that with using your talent choices as damage boosts when & where possible.

Overall:
Feral DPS is technically simcrafted out to be the single highest potential DPS melee spec in the game. The thing is it relies pretty heavily at that point on perfectly timed & refreshed DoT's with stacking damage multipliers from at least 2 different sources (procced in two different ways).
The majority of Feral DPS'ers will fall somewhere in the upper-middle of a typical raid group.
In PVP, Feral has again, a very high potential, but under any kind of real pressure and you will die without support or very twitch-minded reflexes to get off cyclones, roots, and other forms of CC and/or self healing.

thanks a lot that was really helpfull