This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I like that there's no flying in Pandaria below 90.

#1OniLink5000Posted 10/31/2012 10:08:19 AM
Being able to fly through cataclysm zones was what made that expansion so boring for me. I think that when you're able to just beeline from quest objective to quest objective, it kind of cheapens the experience. I like gradually having things revealed, and exploring on foot, rather than just flying over a place and just being like "ok. where's the question mark? oh here it is. *click* *gone*"

Plus, if the people who did the art in this game paid any attention to detail, it's all pretty much lost when you're soaring hundreds of yards in the air.

Because of this, I conclude that Pandaria is a better leveling experience than Cataclysm. I think that the cata zones failed horribly and are ultimately unmemorable.
---
This post was provided by the annual financial support from viewers like you.
#2Glockass1Posted 10/31/2012 10:11:09 AM
OniLink5000 posted...
Being able to fly through cataclysm zones was what made that expansion so boring for me. I think that when you're able to just beeline from quest objective to quest objective, it kind of cheapens the experience. I like gradually having things revealed, and exploring on foot, rather than just flying over a place and just being like "ok. where's the question mark? oh here it is. *click* *gone*"

Plus, if the people who did the art in this game paid any attention to detail, it's all pretty much lost when you're soaring hundreds of yards in the air.

Because of this, I conclude that Pandaria is a better leveling experience than Cataclysm. I think that the cata zones failed horribly and are ultimately unmemorable.

Yes yes that's good and all. ALT LEVELING IS BORING BECAUSE OF NO FLYING.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3Nightbird_XPosted 10/31/2012 10:11:29 AM
Because you were FORCED to fly in Cata right?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#4angrywalrus13Posted 10/31/2012 10:12:02 AM
Nightbird_X posted...

To get to some quest hubs, yes.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5mrhighlife83Posted 10/31/2012 10:15:42 AM
Exploration for the sake of seeing something new can be fun. However, now that I've leveled several characters to 90 and gotten the Loremaster and exploration achievements, I've pretty much done or seen all there is to do or see. Now being unable to fly on my sub-90 alts is just a pain in the ass.
#6angrywalrus13Posted 10/31/2012 10:18:41 AM
Not that I grow tired of them (or even don't understand them; after flying for so long and exploring around not flying feels pretty bleh), but were complaints not of flying so rampant at Wrath's release?
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7piplupzeroPosted 10/31/2012 10:20:45 AM
Nightbird_X posted...

Clearly you've never done the shrine of avina quest that requires flying up a mountain that's too steep to climb... or deepholm. It is pretty much required.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#8hurtloidePosted 10/31/2012 10:32:16 AM
+ More World PVP
+ Feel Small in huge zones (Think the first time you enter Karasang Wilds)
+ See small things you never would have noticed otherwise (Those lore items, ground textures, cliffs, etc)
+ Running through mobs/etc, makes you feel like you're levelling again and not just swoop in swoop out
*MOST IMPORTANT*: Flight Paths are no longer near-useless
#9SteamsterPosted 10/31/2012 10:35:12 AM
piplupzero posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

Clearly you've never done the shrine of avina quest that requires flying up a mountain that's too steep to climb... or deepholm. It is pretty much required.

You clearly misconstrued that post.

The vast majority of content in Cataclysm did not require a flying mount. Exceptions OBVIOUSLY exist, but those are just that: exceptions.
#10VersusGalorePosted 10/31/2012 10:37:57 AM
So, you like when 90's gank you because they are able to fly and you have no way of fleeing? To be honest, I think that cata was a little better alone because of being allowed to fly. I mean, when you dish 12k gold (including the mount) to fly and you can't even fly, it's just a big slap to the face. Not to mention, the missions are just a huge grind and the enemies are a pain in the ass to take down (they all have over 150k HP). Not enjoying mists soo far.
---
Gamertag: AreYouDeadYet92