This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Mists Of Pandaria the best expansion ever?

#21Skeletal_KingPosted 11/3/2012 5:34:29 PM
I';ve said it before, I'll say it again.

Even though I don't have it, MOP doesn't seem... Like a "full" expansion. It seems more like a filler expansion between Cata and the next expansion pack <_<
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#22Mr_YoruPosted 11/3/2012 6:05:45 PM
It's a bit early to say. Cataclysm started out very strong, but then it petered out after the first content patch.
---
Feel free to misinterpret anything I say, and use it against me.
3DS Code: 1547-5196-5136 (Yoru)
#23thronedfire2Posted 11/3/2012 6:09:06 PM
bretonftw posted...
Ya gotta remember that it's cool and almost "hardcore" to be a TBC man.

No.

TBC is the best the game has ever been. Great story, epic questlines, good difficulty levels all around. Heroics in TBC were actually challenging, you didn't just AoE everything and clear an instance in 20 minutes. I remember back when clearing shattered halls or arcatraz in an hour was a fast run, and doing black morass without wiping was harder than some of the SSC/TK bosses.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#24TheRobofishPosted 11/3/2012 6:19:01 PM
thronedfire2 posted...
bretonftw posted...

No.

TBC is the best the game has ever been. Great story, epic questlines, good difficulty levels all around. Heroics in TBC were actually challenging, you didn't just AoE everything and clear an instance in 20 minutes. I remember back when clearing shattered halls or arcatraz in an hour was a fast run, and doing black morass without wiping was harder than some of the SSC/TK bosses.

Great story?
Epic Questlines?

Have we been playing the same game?
---
Our weapons are love! Justice! Sexuality! - Vesperia
#25thronedfire2Posted 11/3/2012 6:21:04 PM
TheRobofish posted...
thronedfire2 posted...
bretonftw posted...

No.

Great story?
Epic Questlines?

Uh, did you skip everything that happened with Hyjal and Black Temple?
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#26juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 6:23:04 PM
No, he just didn't play TBC, even Vanilla questlines felt epic compared to more recent expansions.

It's pretty much the same crowd of people who think Final Fantasy 13-2 is the best of the series.
#27giga marioPosted 11/4/2012 12:56:22 AM
Vanilla was horribly designed and completely imbalanced.
---
Easy now, sunshine pants.
No one likes a positive attitude on GFAQs.
-ZEER0
#28redundanciesPosted 11/4/2012 4:28:03 AM
I'm moderately surprised at the folks that say that Cata was the best, considering how much hate it got when it was current.

I'm one of those weird people who think the game keeps getting better, so MoP is my favorite expansion so far. There's a lot of interesting stuff to do.
#29RanmaRanmaPosted 11/6/2012 3:01:16 AM
BC is the best. Best raids, best heroics, best zones (<3 Nagrand), coolest main city.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#30OmegaForteGSPosted 11/6/2012 3:54:19 AM
TheRobofish posted...
thronedfire2 posted...
bretonftw posted...

No.

Great story?
Epic Questlines?

Epic Questlines?: Only the Akama quest chain was epic in my eyes. Each expansion had at least 1 or 2 epic quest lines.
TBC: Akama
WotLK: Quel'derar (for those who were lucky to get a battered hilt), Shadowmourne, maybe Ulduar Legendary.
Cataclysm: Both legendaries

Great Story? Except for the trailers is was basically hurhur we are evil/insane for no reason other than be loot pinatas.

Lady Vashj - Draining a lake, hurting the eco system.
Kael'thas - Went evil because???
Illidan - Let's just say he's crazy and attacked Shattrath once so we have a good reason to attack him.

At least Blizzard admitted the lack of personality change explanation with Kael'thas and wished they wrote a book or something.

Sure, WotLK had the Lich King portrayed like a saturday morning cartoon with his "I'll get you next time Gadget!!! Next time", but at least there was a coherent good story. Until the finale where he said he let you kill all his guys so you could be his new champions. And ofc the "There must always be a Lich King" part.

So imho, storywise it would be:
WotLK > TBC > Cataclysm > Vanilla (most of the vanilla stories like Varian killing Onyxia was in comics etc)
Sure, WotLK, Cata and MoP also have books telling stories around the events, but at least there was also a lot of story in their zones as well.
---
Battle is my Forte
SF3 Red Joker: 3953 4956 5064