This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle pets ... A must have team......?

#21angrywalrus13Posted 11/5/2012 6:41:31 PM
toolittletime posted...
Sad to see paid for pets are the most powerful

uh
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#22Egxamer1Posted 11/5/2012 8:02:39 PM
Great team against Aquatics for me is Lil Deathwing followed by Brilliant rainbow Kaliri and a third with debuff attacks or heals. Dwing is great for setting up aoe blindness and then the bird nails the first creature with blind strike which always hits blinded targets and usually crits on aquatics. For awhile i had Clockwork Gnome as my third and he would tear targets apart with his turrets especially on beast teams.
---
Don't even try. You got roasted, just take it like a man. -Lightning Bolt
#23Bane766Posted 11/6/2012 8:13:33 AM
The emerald whelping is a pretty good healer. I use that one alot to set up my heals...go into moonlight then set up the healing, switch pets and then let loose-you can transfer back to it if your other pet gets hurt too much as well.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#24inferiorweaselPosted 11/6/2012 8:57:27 AM
I use

Mini Thor, Fairie Dragon (magic from feralas), Spectral Tiger Kitten, Mini Sporebat, Little Deathwing.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#25NecroNikolai13Posted 11/6/2012 9:01:37 AM
I got the pet from the olympics event, the fossil raptor, and a regular raptor (cant think of the name now).
---
http://necronikolai13.deviantart.com/
#26akaPlumcrazy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 5:34:12 PM
As of now after reading forum at the link up top I am using warbot/clock gnome/monk and if I need heals the little fawn has a team heal and a healing rain too. and if I don't need a 2nd mech I leveled several more just have choices the ghost from around the under city is good and the fire beetle in gadgetzan area powerful too. once I get to 25 I'll see how PvP really is and post.
---
It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6 ....
#27MitzeIpikPosted 11/7/2012 5:52:44 PM
toolittletime posted...
Sad to see paid for pets are the most powerful because this is just Blizzards way of paving the way to the future where the game is free to play but to be the best is going to cost.

the blizzard store pets are rare quality. does anyone really see that as unfair?
especially considering the archaeology and achievement pets are also rare?

your best bet is to use 1 rare (minimum uncommon since those battle stones are coming soon) of each type so you're never caught with your pants down vs any type or npc trainer. if you're talking about battling other players, theres no reason you shouldn't have an all rare team
---
This is the Internet, you have the right to spout any idiot nonsense and insults you want. Thankfully, I have the ability to block these idiots.
#28angrywalrus13Posted 11/7/2012 6:20:33 PM
the blizzard store pets are rare quality. does anyone really see that as unfair?

Yeah, there are plenty of rare pets. You can catch wild rare pets, too. It's not really unfair at all. Some of them just get some unique abilities to give 'em some flavor. I'm not sure if flavor is a balance issue.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#29Sir WillPosted 11/7/2012 6:39:27 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...

Yeah, there are plenty of rare pets. You can catch wild rare pets, too. It's not really unfair at all. Some of them just get some unique abilities to give 'em some flavor. I'm not sure if flavor is a balance issue.

If the move are very good compared to most others of that type then yeah it would be.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#30FenriradramelkPosted 11/7/2012 7:21:05 PM
i use:
rare crystal spider (from winterspring)
petstore guardian cub
archaeology clockwork gnome

crystal spider = beast, with a nice self-healing option.
guardian cub = flying, learns the fairly rare Reckless Strike, and can unlock a Magic ability, basically he takes care of any/all aquatic & flying pets.
clockwork gnome = mech, destroys beasts with ease - the rocket ability learned at 20 can pretty much 1-shot any level 20 beasts. Also with the other 3rd ability slot being the turret, you can back up any of your other pets you want to use (useful for powerleveling other low level pets).

I've been working on a handful of other pets, but those 3 are my main team for world pet battling. Haven't quite sat down to figure out what I'd like to use for PVP team though.

Also - there is no real "best team", each team will have different strengths and weaknesses. As in - sure the Guardian Cub is pretty awesome, but I have gotten him 1-shot by a couple of the trainers that use magic pets. Ultimately you'll want or end up with pets of many different types, and enough different movesets that are decent-great that you can dominate any of the trainers. Really though it's the PVP fights that are a pain in the ass, cuz you never know what your opponent is going to use.
---
The Sun was born, so it shall die. As we were forged we shall return.
I know in darkness I will find you, giving up inside like me.