This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

90 Mage, cant solo Kael'thas

#1PizzacupPosted 11/5/2012 11:37:18 PM
I recently dinged 90 and i have some contender and one piece of malevolent gear with a few dreadful in the mix but kael'thas is just killing me every time. I have tried frost and fire with no luck. I can get all the way to the part where you are just fighting him and his attacks are just hitting me too hard.

When he summons all four of them at once, they get me pretty low but sometimes i can reach that phase where you are just fighting him but im getting blown up by his attacks. Any advice would be great. Sucks i cant do this currently. Havent tried arcane yet but idk how differently that would play out. Any 90 mages who have soloed him have any tips?
#2GodSpark127Posted 11/5/2012 11:46:25 PM
My advice.

Bring a friend.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#3inferiorweaselPosted 11/6/2012 7:47:43 AM
I can't solo him with my mage either. His 4 adds are just too brutal when up at same time. I can solo his heroic MT easy enough, Just need my white chocobo now.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#4xXStNerevarXxPosted 11/6/2012 7:54:58 AM
inferiorweasel posted...
I can't solo him with my mage either. His 4 adds are just too brutal when up at same time. I can solo his heroic MT easy enough, Just need my white chocobo now.

My friends and I have always called hawkstriders "chickens". I may prefer chocobo though.
---
Squats and bulking made my pants too tight.
Thanks a lot, now girls can see my small package pressing against the fabric. - ChopSocky
#54sakuraHa0Posted 11/6/2012 8:11:16 AM
inferiorweasel posted...

Lol, I guess I am not the only one who called them chocobo.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#6ian2093Posted 11/6/2012 8:29:40 AM
Can you Frost Nova the adds? Have you been popping all your CDs? Have you been bringing potions and food buffs? Have you been trying different rotations? Have you been trying different talents? Have you been Blinking away from adds? It's probably a little harder to mix things up now since Blizzard has derped their game to oblivion, but for me I was in Wrath soloing ZG bosses to get their mounts, and it took me probably a good 10 tries at least before I could get down the perfect rotation, and even then I would still die; I would need the RNG to be on my side.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#7mybbqrulesPosted 11/6/2012 11:11:08 AM
I've heard people soloing saying they have the most success on Kael by killing the adds the first time in different areas of the instance, so when they repop they're not all in your face at once.

Just make sure you haul ass out the door as soon as the fight starts, or you'll be locked in and can't go elsewhere.
---
This is my new sig. It sucks compared to my old one because apparently gfaqs mods have never seen cleavage before. GG.
#8Lady_TygryPosted 11/6/2012 11:47:43 AM
TC isn't having problems with the council so whether he's killing them in Kael's room or in various parts of the instance is irrelevant. He's having trouble with Kael's percentage-based damage.

I never cared enough to solo the encounter on my mage but if I were going to try, I would equip the 2H staff, opt for fire and just play LoS with him while letting my DoTs slowly wear him down. Time shields to be up for full duration if you need to switch to the opposite statue to put some distance in between yourself and any phoenixes. Save warp for the final phase and make sure your CDs are available before you push him to the last phase. Dump the PvP gear for soloing-- even now, it's more of a hindrance than you think.
---
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow, we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
#9Glockass1Posted 11/6/2012 2:16:49 PM
GodSpark127 posted...
My advice.

Bring a friend.

This. Just bring a Blood DK friend and do it easily.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#10AmakusaPosted 11/6/2012 3:05:56 PM
I solo him every week on my Frost Mage. You just have to remember Kael'Thas joins the fight once you beat all four advisors, so you beat three of them (kill the Grand Astromancer first) and leave Thaladred up last while you get your life back up because Thaladred does no real damage to you. Don't kill him while you still have Remote Toy on you.

Also advise not using any pets on Phase 4 otherwise he'll just MC you. Use all your cooldowns on Phase 4, and when Phase 5 starts heal yourself back up and resummon your pet; it's all downhill from there.

Oh yeah, you still have to pick up the Staff of Disintegration. You really can't win without it.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.