This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are too many dailies in this expansion.

#1r7gerrabbitPosted 11/10/2012 9:12:51 AM
Dailies are boring, and are a very ****ing poor excuse for "content". They're designed right now as a timesink. An artificial progression block. And it sucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#2Greggbird33Posted 11/10/2012 9:20:19 AM
All content in any game ever is a time sink. All games are time sinks, that's kind of why we play them.
---
This guy are sick.
#3angrywalrus13Posted 11/10/2012 9:24:39 AM
You don't need to do them. Yes, they'll expedite things a tiny bit, but if you're raiding HoF (and Terrace later), you'll be getting better gear anyhow, and then in 5.1 you can spend your valor on upgrading items instead of buying new ones (which won't require rep).
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4Moses_IncPosted 11/10/2012 9:25:32 AM
Yet you're still doing them. You're wasting hours doing stuff you admittedly hate doing just for entertainment. Pretty pathetic, isn't it?

Greggbird33 posted...
All content in any game ever is a time sink. All games are time sinks, that's kind of why we play them.

This guy gets it. MMOs are literally nothing but grinds and timesinks. If you don't like those then you're playing the wrong genre.
---
I've seen michael moses a bunch lately. He's a newblet that shows definite promise.~Kirbix
http://puu.sh/2G6G
#5Aposter26Posted 11/10/2012 9:27:33 AM
I understand the purpose of them but it would be better if they mixed it up. Doing the same exact quests day after day after day is cause for burnout. Especially having to compete with a hundred other people for the same quests. If it progressed to something a bit new each day it would keep me interested more.
#6angrywalrus13Posted 11/10/2012 9:33:17 AM
Aposter26 posted...
I understand the purpose of them but it would be better if they mixed it up. Doing the same exact quests day after day after day is cause for burnout. Especially having to compete with a hundred other people for the same quests. If it progressed to something a bit new each day it would keep me interested more.

Not to say that they don't need more variance (oh god they do), but it's just interesting that they really are the most varied/"progressive" dailies we've had so far yet they feel the most "grindy."
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7TheRaven1406Posted 11/10/2012 9:33:35 AM
Dailies can die in a fire. This goes for all games.

You'd think with all the money Blizzard makes they would have enough money/menpower to offer new content often... but no they are cheap and let us grind dailies instead.
#8r7gerrabbit(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:36:23 AM
I'm enjoying the leveling of this expansion, but I just don't see much hope end game.

Rift has better PvE content, and more regular updates.
Guild Wars 2 has better PvP and open world content.

Ah well. I'll see how much I enjoy level cap. But all the dailies just don't look very fun...
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#9Glockass1Posted 11/10/2012 9:38:14 AM
r7gerrabbit posted...
I'm enjoying the leveling of this expansion, but I just don't see much hope end game.

Rift has better PvE content, and more regular updates.
Guild Wars 2 has better PvP and open world content.

Ah well. I'll see how much I enjoy level cap. But all the dailies just don't look very fun...

GW2 has better PvP? Rofl
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#10angrywalrus13Posted 11/10/2012 9:45:27 AM
Seriously. Try...not doing them. You've still got Scenarios, Heroics, and 2 raids (of LFR, even, with a third opening in LFR soon) to do. Be all classic and don't use currency to gear up. Be a man.
---
Thomx
like tommicks