This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard being sued over authenticators...

#41vahndragonwingPosted 11/10/2012 5:16:56 PM
toolittletime posted...
With the information that was gotten from Blizz they could have figured my pass out in 10 minutes, it was the same 6 digit I had used since I made the account.
Never reused any login and PW, anywhere I go I use a unique ID with a fresh email account, kind of sucks having 30 email accounts.

Keepass is a lifesaver, man.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#42AmakusaPosted 11/10/2012 5:22:19 PM
toolittletime posted...
It's not a matter of what you can afford but more a question of have you or are you paying enough already?

No, it's a matter if it's worth your peace of mind or not. A lot of people don't, and then complain when they get hacked.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#43angrywalrus13Posted 11/10/2012 5:24:24 PM
Pirwzwhomper posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
Holy god.

It's old news, really.

No. Not that at all.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#44Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/10/2012 5:25:21 PM
So does this mean we can sue ArenaNet for all of those accounts being hijacked? They offered zero security and a lot of people had their accounts "Hacked"

Awesome.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#45toolittletimePosted 11/10/2012 5:27:34 PM
I believe that anyone regardless of how they feel about the cost should own an authenticator, I log in without fear now and it's well worth the cost.
Blizzard should make them totally free.
There are kids out there who have a tough enough time just getting the monthly fee, there are 10 year olds playing this game also.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#46vahndragonwingPosted 11/10/2012 5:33:36 PM
toolittletime posted...
I believe that anyone regardless of how they feel about the cost should own an authenticator, I log in without fear now and it's well worth the cost.
There are kids out there who have a tough enough time just getting the monthly fee, there are 10 year olds playing this game also.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be cool as hell for blizz to give the tokens out for free, and I'm not against that idea.
I can see why they don't, though, and that's why I find it a little unfair for people to get all huffy that they don't. Saying it's required is simply not true, and that's that they are saying in the article.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#47MarikhenPosted 11/10/2012 5:38:38 PM
Honestly, the only valid point in that whole morass is the Battle.net 2.0 merger. I still think that making people log into MMOs with the same e-mail address that any data regarding your account, including password reset messages, is sent to is borderline criminally stupid. With World of Warcraft I held out until the last moment to do so, and when I did merge my Warcraft account with a Battle.net account the amount of phishing attempt spam I received regarding WoW increased infinitely. I'm not exaggerating there, I went from 0 phishing messages over two years to dozens within two weeks.

Now that NCSoft is doing the same with their games I'm questioning whether or not it's worth playing (at) Aion and the like. I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer out of them as to how this change of theirs will actually improve security when it makes your e-mail address more vulnerable purely by making it "public."
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#48PirwzwhomperPosted 11/10/2012 5:45:07 PM
How does it make your email public?
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#49Melted_ButterPosted 11/10/2012 5:49:00 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
toolittletime posted...

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be cool as hell for blizz to give the tokens out for free, and I'm not against that idea.
I can see why they don't, though, and that's why I find it a little unfair for people to get all huffy that they don't. Saying it's required is simply not true, and that's that they are saying in the article.

1) 10 year olds shouldn't be playing, as I believe the ToS (and laws (At least US laws)) set the minimum age to 13

2) They sell them for $6.50 and make little to nothing from it, it's possible they even lose money on the sales...giving them away for free would be a definite loss. Some people don't go to a store and buy a box copy, they get a digital copy instead, so now Blizzard would not only have to take a loss in parts/materials, they also lose money in shipping.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#50BobTDonutPosted 11/10/2012 5:51:49 PM

Then... what is the problem here?

No, Blizzard should not make them free if it costs them money to make.

Their ability to get money for the monthly fee has absolutely NOTHING to do with authenticators. Also those 10 year olds should be playing under adult supervision, so it becomes the adult's responsibility to secure their account and their computer.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg