This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard being sued over authenticators...

#81SteamsterPosted 11/11/2012 12:09:45 AM
Cornwallace posted...
It shouldn't be up to the players who PAID FOR THE GAME and then PAID TO PLAY THE GAME to keep their account from being hacked like this. Yes, some people are stupid and give out their information, but like I said before, I haven't played in over a year and my account got hacked just 2 months ago.

Yes it is.

This is like blaming the police when you leave your wallet on the counter and it gets stolen.
#82vidgamrPosted 11/11/2012 12:20:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#83MitzeIpikPosted 11/11/2012 12:24:04 AM
Steamster posted...
Cornwallace posted...
It shouldn't be up to the players who PAID FOR THE GAME and then PAID TO PLAY THE GAME to keep their account from being hacked like this. Yes, some people are stupid and give out their information, but like I said before, I haven't played in over a year and my account got hacked just 2 months ago.

Yes it is.

This is like blaming the police when you leave your wallet on the counter and it gets stolen.

There was a huge uproar when we were forced to change our account names to valid emails because it makes it just that much easier to get hacked. It was just one more bad idea in a laundry list of many
---
This is the Internet, you have the right to spout any idiot nonsense and insults you want. Thankfully, I have the ability to block these idiots.
#84AmakusaPosted 11/11/2012 12:30:17 AM(edited)
Cornwallace posted...
I've played on and off for years without an authenticator. I quit for good a little bit after Cata came out, my account got hacked 2 months ago. My friend who still plays said he saw me on and wasn't responding.

It's complete bull**** that you should need to pay money for a little device that keeps your account safe

Seems to me you brought it on yourself.

Osteoporozis posted...
If anybody's personal information was stolen as a result of security breaches that Blizzard covered up, Blizzard would've been sued long ago. This isn't to say that they haven't been hacked before, but nobody was hurt very much by it.

No, because if that happened they are required by federal laws to disclose it.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#85BobTDonutPosted 11/11/2012 12:30:18 AM
That's funny. Blizzard sent me a free authenticator when my WoW account got hacked.

I was sent a free authenticator when I dinged level 85 on my 4th alt. What is your point?
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#86LinkofHyrule991Posted 11/11/2012 1:10:28 AM
Major Gamer posted...
Holy god.

You should have seen the D3 board at launch. You couldn't take a step without running into a tin foil hat.

Those Diablo guys are really whiny
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#87vahndragonwingPosted 11/11/2012 2:50:49 AM
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
Major Gamer posted...
Holy god.

You should have seen the D3 board at launch. You couldn't take a step without running into a tin foil hat.

Those Diablo guys are really whiny

S***, have you been reading this topic?
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#88PirwzwhomperPosted 11/12/2012 2:29:06 PM
"There was a huge uproar when we were forced to change our account names to valid emails because it makes it just that much easier to get hacked. It was just one more bad idea in a laundry list of many"

With as many fansites out there as there are that let you log in with just a username instead of an email address, people were just as susceptible to account comprmise for using the same logins everywhere as they are today logging in an email address. If the fansite gets hacked (fansites are much much less secure than Blizzard's servers) and login information gets stolen, they would have just tried those login names for the usernames for WoW accounts. No difference.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#89mrplanktomPosted 11/12/2012 6:48:28 PM
Zanimar posted...
So... he's basically he's suing Blizzard cause he's an idiot. Wonder how far it'll go before it gets thrown out due to the dude's pure idiocy and lack of paying any kind of attention.

Way too much irony in one post to be serious.
---
There's no group of people more delusional than D3 fanboys. Including scientologists.
#90Right_Chus_1Posted 11/12/2012 6:50:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]