This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pros and Cons of Cross Realm Zones

#11MonthOLDpicklePosted 11/14/2012 12:50:06 AM
I am enjoying it on my alt. Thrall mar under attack, bones everywhere and that fear. Got ganked by high levels than I ganked done same levels. Feels good.
#12akaPlumcrazyPosted 11/14/2012 12:56:41 AM
Little Zardar posted...
how do you make friends? i remember making friends back in the day when there were group quests and you actually had to find people on your server to run dungeons while leveling.

now you can get to 90 without talking to anyone, and it's actually faster to

Have played since vanilla and can count on 1 hand how many ppl I've talked to in game outside 5 mans or BG since LK X-pac. I never talk to ppl no more to many want2be cyber tough guys. Even in guilds I have exalted toons in dozens of lvl 25 guilds and do not know 1 person from wow or that plays wow.
---
It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6 ....
#13Morgasaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:27:37 AM
how do you make friends? i remember making friends back in the day when there were group quests and you actually had to find people on your server to run dungeons while leveling.

Because when you run into someone on the exact same step in a quest chain you can either...

A) Step all over each other killing the same mobs OR
B) Group up with them and share credit

Case in point: My GM and I started Blasted Lands simultaneously so we had already grouped up. We ran into a monk while going through the cave starting the new version of the Razelikh quest chain. We grouped up with him because otherwise we'd be stepping all over each others quest mobs (Hyenas, etc.) Most quest items now drop for every person in the party. The only things that typically are not shared are "sparkly pickups," and you'd be competing for those anyway so grouping does not hurt.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26