This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard should increase the number of gears dropped from each boss in LFR

#11MarndosPosted 11/14/2012 1:01:58 AM
silentzed posted...
Xenogears?

I personally would like more Xenogears to drop, also that they be poorly translated.

Xenogears would be good for most of the raid but then fall apart at the end
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#12g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 1:22:35 AM
silentzed posted...
Previous LFR system: Set number of loot pieces drop, those eligible can roll for them or pass. The amount of loot distributed is the same every boss kill. Those who are eligible and roll the highest, win. Those who rolled lower get nothing.

New LFR system: You have a 15% chance per boss death for a piece of class appropriate (not spec) gear to drop. If your lucky, the loot will drop for you and that's it. It's yours. (i.e. this is the 'roll' for your own loot)

If not, you get gold. Number of pieces of loot distributed can fluctuate greatly from boss to boss, as each individual roller can win a piece of loot, or 2 if they use a charm and get lucky both times.

That's the new system. You're rolling against your own luck, rather than having someone else's RNG override yours and depriving you of a desired piece of loot.

cheers
---
Ignoring all from tote since 2011.
#13AlucardSXPosted 11/14/2012 4:45:51 AM(edited)
silentzed posted...
Previous LFR system: Set number of loot pieces drop, those eligible can roll for them or pass. The amount of loot distributed is the same every boss kill. Those who are eligible and roll the highest, win. Those who rolled lower get nothing.

New LFR system: You have a 15% chance per boss death for a piece of class appropriate (not spec) gear to drop. If your lucky, the loot will drop for you and that's it. It's yours. (i.e. this is the 'roll' for your own loot)

If not, you get gold. Number of pieces of loot distributed can fluctuate greatly from boss to boss, as each individual roller can win a piece of loot, or 2 if they use a charm and get lucky both times.

That's the new system. You're rolling against your own luck, rather than having someone else's RNG override yours and depriving you of a desired piece of loot.

That's not quite true actually.
The loot is supposed to be spec-appropriate. There are apparently a few items that have (or had) a wrong flag, so non-spec-appropriate drops can happen on occasion, but that's a bug, not the design intent.
---
They worship their idol of Rupert Murdock, and give offerings of spices and moneys to various statues of Joseph Stalin - LiveJournal on Atheists and Christmas
#14HakPosted 11/14/2012 5:56:26 AM
g0tbeef89 posted...
Piratethingy posted...
That's not how it works. Everyone rolls essentially against themselves. Everyone in your lfr could get loot off one boss if you were lucky enough.

What do you mean?

So you down a boss, let's say anything above a roll of 80/100 gets loot and 5 people rolls over 80 then all five people get loot from the boss? In contrast, if everyone rolls below 80 then nobody gets loot?

LOL I didn't know that. Maybe they should lax the rolls a little bit so that if it was above 80, make it above 75 or something.

So you posted a huge slab of text regarding the LFR loot system, without knowing how the LFR loot system works? That's.... interesting.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#15PDTECRJPosted 11/14/2012 6:13:28 AM
silentzed posted...

This is not true. However, you can "work the system" if your raid allows you to get away with it. Just yesterday, I ran MV part two. I queued as dps because I don't need any holy gear off Spirit Kings or Elegon. Those two bosses, I downed as DPS. For the final boss, I switched to holy spec (was still queued as DPS) and won holy (int/spirit) shoulders. I had read that this works, and now confirmed it for myself...the gear you win is based on the spec you down it as, no longer what you queue as.

For example, if you want to gear a tank, you can just switch to a tank spec but DPS instead of tank, down the boss (though your dps will not be so great), and if you get a drop, it will be tank gear!
---
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here
#16silentzedPosted 11/14/2012 12:35:03 PM
Ah, then forgive me for spreading misinformation. I got DPS pieces while tanking specced, so I assumed it was just class specific.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm