This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys I have this crazy idea on what do if you don't like dailies

#31jowephocksPosted 11/19/2012 12:45:51 AM(edited)
The problem is people wanting the lack of being geared to be something they can blame on others, not because they're being lazy.

This is why people complain about LFR's new system, even though it actually improves your chance at getting gear for your spec.

I admit the dailies got old for me, but now that I'm exalted with all of the factions (and have been a little inside a week), I'm glad its behind me and I did it. Half of my gear is from Valor and I consistently perform for my guild. I play maybe 2.5 hours a day when I work, which I did devote to dailies between getting revered and exalted with golden lotus. Days that I was off I found myself doing dailies and not touching the game for the rest of the day. I also missed probably ~10 days of dailies between release and finishing AC.

All dailies provide is a constant, non RNG way of progressing your character, that's it. You do not need it. If you feel obligated because your guild is one with loftier goals than what they can achieve, to each their own -- but you don't need it. Normals can be cleared in 463s with relative ease so as long as people know how to play their class. If you're deep into heroics, chances are gear from VP isn't going to break you.

I will also add that not having fun is a problem, but whining about it saying its something you NEED to do is just absurd.
#32bored_pwnagePosted 11/19/2012 12:45:41 AM
Everyone here just shut their mouths and stop arguing.
---
Welcome to BlogFaQs where random nerds think their opinions are important to others!
#33schmarkenheimerPosted 11/19/2012 1:24:27 AM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
You could ~le gasp~

... just not do dailies. This is shocking, I know, but please try to remain calm.

- You get better gear from raids anyway.
- Come 5.1 you can use your VP to upgrade your gear.
- Seriously guys I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept. If you don't like PvP, you don't PvP. If you don't like raiding, you don't raid. If you don't like dailies, don't do dailies. It's that simple.

Le post level: le gem
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#34BonzoForLyfePosted 11/19/2012 1:25:31 AM
Explain how if you don't like PvP you don't PvP. I dislike it, yet i have to get conquest capped each week to get my 4piece...why do they require holy pallys pve gear to require conquest points?
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#35Lightning BoltPosted 11/19/2012 2:30:37 AM(edited)
jowephocks posted...
This is why people complain about LFR's new system

The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't let me go dps for 1-tank fights, since then I won't get useful loot. The flip side is that I can go as dps in tank spec and not have to wait in the hour and a half queue if I can't find a guild healer to sneak me in with their instant queue. So I'll call it a push. They need to fix the freaking Sha though, I have no need of the crit PVP gear it drops. At the very least if you must drop PVP gear for my tank make it that Hit/Mastery gear.

And the general poor job it does of being the skinner box it's clearly intended to be, but I've been over that.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#36webbc99Posted 11/19/2012 5:58:11 AM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
You could ~le gasp~

... just not do dailies. This is shocking, I know, but please try to remain calm.

- You get better gear from raids anyway.
- Come 5.1 you can use your VP to upgrade your gear.
- Seriously guys I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept. If you don't like PvP, you don't PvP. If you don't like raiding, you don't raid. If you don't like dailies, don't do dailies. It's that simple.

Would agree if the VP gear wasn't locked behind the rep you can only get from doing failies (pun fully intended!).

I like doing dungeons (although too easy), and I like challenge modes. Can't raid due to schedule. But still can't buy that valor gear without doing dailies.

So I just don't play anymore.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#37Lightning BoltPosted 11/19/2012 9:15:41 AM
One thing I'm curious of though is what Wyrm suggests DPS casters should do instead of dailies to get their second ring.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#38angrywalrus13Posted 11/19/2012 9:27:43 AM
As he mentioned earlier, I don't know if one slot of gear (is that even a dailies issue? Just throw a ring on an existing boss to solve that problem) isn't much to make me (or probably most sane people) think "well jeez, now I HAVE to do all the dailies."

But yeah, I'd put the one ring for casters in raids as a loot table oversight more than an issue of deliberately being forced to do dailies to fill that slot. Not to say that means we should ignore the fact that you'd have to do Golden Lotus for a 489 ring, but I just don't think one slot (a ring slot, no less) is something I'd flip out over feeling mandated to do.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#39MitzeIpikPosted 11/19/2012 9:37:20 AM
I think I may be one of maybe 8 people that don't mind dailies. I do think its a little excessive how many you have to do to get exalted, but I'm hoping it clears up in 5.1

Note: this may have something to do with my limited play time
---
This is the Internet, you have the right to spout any idiot nonsense and insults you want. Thankfully, I have the ability to block these idiots.
#40Lightning BoltPosted 11/19/2012 9:45:04 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
As he mentioned earlier,

Huh, did you guys already go over that?
I control+F'd "ring" and got nothing relevant.
---
-The Rev