This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys I have this crazy idea on what do if you don't like dailies

#41angrywalrus13Posted 11/19/2012 10:01:09 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
As he mentioned earlier,

Huh, did you guys already go over that?
I control+F'd "ring" and got nothing relevant.

He mentioned a couple pieces of gear not being worth doing a daily grind for, yes. Not a ring specifically. Not to sound snippy, but it is beneficial to actually read people's posts.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#42DaedalusExPosted 11/19/2012 10:01:53 AM
"Getting a job and working your way through life is optional because you can win the lottery."
#43angrywalrus13Posted 11/19/2012 10:06:09 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
"Getting a job and working your way through life is optional because you can win the lottery."

Forgive me for biting, but I do not think daily quests in a video game (which allows to progress and play as you like) is in any way analogous to a source of livelihood.

Hell, even if we hit ourselves on the head enough to think it was, a gear drop from a raid boss is, what, 10-20%? Not exactly the same odds as winning several million dollars. But again, that's allowing ourselves to sink in intelligence to such a level where that analogy is even worth seriously discussing, which unfortunately I have just done.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#44silentzedPosted 11/19/2012 12:42:11 PM(edited)
An argument as to why we need to do dailies/pvp based from a DPS Warrior:

Waist: There is no DPS belt in MSV. That leaves a Klaaxi belt that you have to be revered for, the Galleon belt which you will have to get lucky for, the PvP belts you have to grind conquest for or the 483 LFR belt.

So, you have to get lucky if you want the belt off of Galleon/LFR. If you don't get these items week after week (which there is a good likelihood you won't), your only other options are to either grind PvP or do Klaaxi dailies.

Neck: There is indeed a neck out of MSV. Do you know what it is? Hit/Haste. Fairly awful. The Klaaxi honored neck? Haste/Mastery. Even worse. The 476 epic neck out of Scarlet Monastery. Yeah, that's hit/haste, so pretty awful again AND lower ilevel. There is a 496 neck off of Galleon that has nice strength, but again you have to be lucky and it too has haste on it =/

So where does that leave us? The 489 neck from hitting EXALTED with the Golden Lotus you get as a final quest reward, the PvP necks from conquest or the zone drop neck from HoF, which you have to get lucky for.

That is only 'two' slots, but before I go through the time to establish my argument more, look at the evidence. You want to be competitive and/or contribute the most to your guild because you don't get lucky (which most don't)? YOU DO DAILIES.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#45ArmoredCore123Posted 11/19/2012 12:47:05 PM
lfr swag
---
im only provencial because i got in trouble for posting topless picture because i guess i look like a lady? but im not -LobsterJelly
#46scarecrowsPosted 11/19/2012 12:54:16 PM
Saying that only hardcore guilds should be forced to do dailies is moronic. We all play this game for different reasons. Some of us like to compete with other guilds on our realm, sure we're not going for world first but we're still raiding to compete. Nobody was forced to do dailies in our guild, but our rogue chose not to when we all felt we had to in order to stay competitive.

So guess who had trouble gearing. Guess who had no bonus rolls when we downed a boss. Guess who was last in dps and guess who was removed from core when we started hitting enrage timers and we looked at recount. He wasn't forced to do dailies sure, but now I see him trying to get pugs in trade while we move on getting gear and downing bosses.

Nobody is telling blizzard to remove dailies. All the complaint threads on the forums have been asking for options. There should be alternative ways to get rep. They could have easily gave us tabards and put a weekly rep cap on them. Hell they could have put a daily rep cap on them and people wouldn't be complaining about dailies anymore and we'd be earning rep at the same pace.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#47silentzedPosted 11/19/2012 1:31:28 PM
Also, before anyone says something along the lines that gear doesn't matter that much, I will just say this.

I have never seen scaling of this magnitude in an expansion, at least for me when it comes to gear upgrades. Each upgrade I have gotten has given me anywhere between 1-2k if not more per piece depending on what it was when I was going from 463 to 489, and in some cases even going from 463 to 476 from LFR like if it was a weapon.. That's significant. Gear does matter a lot in terms of potential performance.

Having established that, it adds more weight to my argument, albeit anecdotal based upon my own experience. I don't have any hard evidence save my own words on the matter.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#48BobTDonutPosted 11/19/2012 5:28:54 PM
or the 483 LFR belt.

...If this belt exists, that means there is a 496 and 509 version of it, thus you don't need the VP belt at all except as filler until that belt drops. The neck I'll give you, but that is mainly because I know very little about Warriors in terms of gearing. The only thing I know is that itemization differs a lot between Fury and Arms.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#49silentzedPosted 11/19/2012 5:47:30 PM
BobTDonut posted...
or the 483 LFR belt.

...If this belt exists, that means there is a 496 and 509 version of it, thus you don't need the VP belt at all except as filler until that belt drops. The neck I'll give you, but that is mainly because I know very little about Warriors in terms of gearing. The only thing I know is that itemization differs a lot between Fury and Arms.

That first portion right there is the whole basis for my argument. 'Until it drops'. For many people, until it drops is never. How many stories have there been or first hand accounts have people had of a piece of gear not dropping for 2, 3, 6 or however many months.

It happens =/ and pretending that it doesn't happen is a poor way to argue against RNG.

The belt I am referring to is the Warbelt of Sealed Pods off of the 1st boss in HoF.

So, I ask again. For those of us who do want to improve our performance to it's highest potential, what options do we have aside from 'don't do dailies if you don't want to.

No, I am not saying there is a gun to our heads. We're making a choice. But I can still disagree with the paths I have before me based solely upon the precedent set for two expansions, which I feel is a legitimate argument.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#50fan360Posted 11/19/2012 5:52:51 PM(edited)
It is true if you are the guild/raid leader or their friends.
If you have bad luck with the drops, be ready to be kicked.

Daily provides both valor gear and the lucky charm.
It is hard to not do them if you are serious about raid.