This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cross Realms, Falling Subscriber Count, A move of Desperation?..

#21ryanell666Posted 11/19/2012 1:35:09 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
ryanell666 posted...
worth as a gamer

lol so much trying and so little accomplished

lol so much trying and so little accomplished
#22angrywalrus13Posted 11/19/2012 2:08:56 PM
Yeah I didn't read the post at all since all that was intended in the post was for the signature to be made visible.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#23Major GamerPosted 11/19/2012 3:17:53 PM
*I fully understand that the WoW franchise is far from abandonment as it remains a strong competitor in the MMO world. However, the subscriber count has taken a noticeable downward shift in MOP which is what I want to get into.*

I stopped reading here considering the subscriber count in MoP has increased from before its launch.

Yeah I didn't read the post at all since all that was intended in the post was for the signature to be made visible.

I went back to see it and that is just sad.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#24darkace77450Posted 11/19/2012 3:39:04 PM
BahamutDarkFire posted...
Doesn't WoW still have ~9.5 million subscribers? How is that bad? Even if they declined from 12mil, 9 and change is leaps and bounds ahead of other MMO's. I don't suspect the numbers to drop much through MoP as most seem to be enjoying it.

WoW player hears subscription numbers have dropped from 12 million to 9 million and thinks, "that's still more than the two closest competitors combined."

Investor hears subscription numbers have dropped from 12 million to 9 million and thinks, "I wonder what's caused the 25% decline in paying subscribers."
#25DawnshadowPosted 11/19/2012 4:26:22 PM
drlucky420 posted...
CRZ saves them money. They need to run less server blades, since there are less unique servers active. It's just that simple.

The thing is this logic, while logical, is demonstrably wrong, and chances are you can actually see it with your own eyes quite easily.

Turn on your battle pet tracker and take the flight point from Dalaran to the Argent Tournament Grounds. Unless it's your sever that everyone else is crossing over to, here's a high chance that you'll see a dozen Scourged Whelplings, untouched. This means that your server blade is running and rendering the zone and everything in it. Land, get on your own mount, and fly back to where you saw the whelplings, and there won't be a single one, because CRZ sucks you into the designated CRZ destination upon landing. The pets are on your server, but no one from your server can get at them.

The same thing happens with rare spawns, other rare hunter tames. and minipets all the time, and is one of the most frustrating features of CRZ. There have been reports of people seeing or even tagging the Time-Lost Protodrake or hunter rare spawns and having it vanish before their eyes, not because of a despawn, but because CRZ decided they needed to be in a different server's version of the Storm Peaks and they needed to be moved NOW so that CRZ would have enough people..
---
'Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the Character Battle.' --MetroidSuperfan on GlaDOS' loss.
The Topic Killer since 2001
#26Wyrmwarrior5Posted 11/19/2012 4:35:44 PM
ITT: Going from 9 million to 10 million is going down.

Also, advertising etc
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#27dakotah1978Posted 11/19/2012 9:52:29 PM
I can't believe this thread lasted this long.
---
"This is a quote wherein someone self owned." -Someone
#28BIMHBPosted 11/19/2012 10:03:47 PM
Coop14 posted...
Viper114 posted...
Doesn't WoW still have ~9.5 million subscribers? How is that bad? Even if they declined from 12mil, 9 and change is leaps and bounds ahead of other MMO's. I don't suspect the numbers to drop much through MoP as most seem to be enjoying it.

According to the Q3 numbers, WoW has over 10 million again.

This. Activision just released the number we a few weeks ago.

Blizzard is at a all time high

This isnt 1996 anymore. Servers dont cost nearly as much as people think they do.
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#29BIMHBPosted 11/19/2012 10:04:40 PM
darkace77450 posted...

WoW player hears subscription numbers have dropped from 12 million to 9 million and thinks, "that's still more than the two closest competitors combined."

Investor hears subscription numbers have dropped from 12 million to 9 million and thinks, "I wonder what's caused the 25% decline in paying subscribers."

---
Bush is my homeboy.
#30Okie28Posted 11/19/2012 10:21:05 PM
Rift and GW2 are both excellent choices!

It would be really hard to chose between them if I wasn't sucked back into WoW since MoP release.

Not sure about your facts and figures TC. Many people are back playing WoW since the recent xpac. ya know why? b/c it's one (if not the best) xpacs for WoW.