This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If blizzard love money so much...

#31TaaronPosted 11/20/2012 8:39:49 AM(edited)
LordAlistair posted...
Taaron posted...
LordAlistair posted...
Sellus Gravius posted...
Yeah really. It makes no sense that undead can't be paladins either... They could have been a paladin when they were still human.

Except no, they couldn't, because Paladins were immune to the plague of undeath.

It does not take much for Blizzard to add something new in the lore to remove the Paladin's immunity such as a new strand of plague?

Oh wait, Blizzard already introduced the Val'kyr to the Forsaken which revives the dead as undead outside of the plague. There is our loop hole.

Of course it is not impossible to corrupt a Paladin, just look at Arthas.

Firstly, there has never actually been a case of Sylvanas' Val'kyr resurrecting a Paladin. They may not even be able to do it, since they're known to be much weaker than Scourge Val'kyr (they can't raise non-humans).

Secondly, Paladins who are raised become Death Knights, so even assuming the Forsaken Val'kyr can raise them, that still doesn't justify Forsaken Paladins.

Thirdly, a Paladin does not merely wield the light like a Priest does, they are infused by it. An Undead Paladin would deep fry himself just by existing.

Regardless if your points are lore facts or not, as I mentioned it is a matter of what blizzard wants to do with the lore. We can speculate all we want on whether the Val'kyr are capable of reviving the undead to be Paladins or not, it is all up to blizzard if they want to make is possible or not.

Personally I am not so sure about your second and third point. Granted Arthats did revive his first set of Death Knights from fallen Paladins, lore wise I have never seen anything explicitly stating that all Paladins become Death Knights if raised as undead. As for being infused with the light, not sure if that would kill them or not as do to changing in game mechanics, at one point when exorcism still affected only undead and demons, it would not work on undead players do so something about them having a soul I believe. Point is, doesnt take much for blizzard to pop in some new reason for there can exist undead Paladins.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#32HakPosted 11/20/2012 9:10:57 AM
Actually, Exorcism not affecting Forsaken was for gameplay balance reasons - in the initial beta, Forsaken were classed as "Undead" so Paladins had a ridiculous advantage in fighting them. Given that, at the time, only Alliance could be Paladins, it was something of a gamebreaker in PvP. That's why Forsaken were changed to "Humanoid".

They also used to be able to speak to Alliance players back in the days when the game still bothered about languages. Again, this was changed for PvP reasons and to keep the factions separate.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#33Skeletal_KingPosted 11/20/2012 9:40:40 AM
LordAlistair posted...
Taaron posted...
LordAlistair posted...
Sellus Gravius posted...
Yeah really. It makes no sense that undead can't be paladins either... They could have been a paladin when they were still human.

Except no, they couldn't, because Paladins were immune to the plague of undeath.

It does not take much for Blizzard to add something new in the lore to remove the Paladin's immunity such as a new strand of plague?

Oh wait, Blizzard already introduced the Val'kyr to the Forsaken which revives the dead as undead outside of the plague. There is our loop hole.

Firstly, there has never actually been a case of Sylvanas' Val'kyr resurrecting a Paladin. They may not even be able to do it, since they're known to be much weaker than Scourge Val'kyr (they can't raise non-humans).

Secondly, Paladins who are raised become Death Knights, so even assuming the Forsaken Val'kyr can raise them, that still doesn't justify Forsaken Paladins.

Thirdly, a Paladin does not merely wield the light like a Priest does, they are infused by it. An Undead Paladin would deep fry himself just by existing.

Just to add onto your first point...

Weren't Human Paladins limited to the Stormwind kingdom? As in, no other Human kingdom/country/etc had Paladins?

The Forsaken are a specific faction of Human - Specifically the people of Lordaeron. So assuming that Paladins are specific to Stormwind, then Forsaken Paladins wouldn't exist because there wetren't any Lordaeron Paladins.

-OR- if they DID exist... Not in very large numbers.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#34Skeletal_KingPosted 11/20/2012 9:42:08 AM
Hak posted...
Psoloquoise posted...
Skeletal_King posted...
hurtloide posted...
I only support this because now 3 alliance races (Pandas) can be shamans and only 2 horde races can be pallies

...And? With the addition of pandas, that means that 4 Horde races get the Shaman class... <_<

Troll, Orc, Goblin, Panda.

Tauren can be shaman?

That a serious question? They've always been able to be Shaman, along with Orcs.

It is. I wasn't aware that Tauren can be Shaman. I'm an alliance player, and tauren happen to be LEAST favorite race.

So, that's my bad.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#35echo057Posted 11/20/2012 9:42:21 AM
Goblin Druids now plox
---
ATTN : This Is Not GrammarFAQS
#36angrywalrus13Posted 11/20/2012 9:56:47 AM
I want cats with tendril beards

And octopus aquatic forms.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#37dagothur6Posted 11/20/2012 9:58:34 AM
Make every class available to every race. Activision stocks go up 20 points.
#38hurtloidePosted 11/20/2012 1:48:34 PM
Next expansions races (i have no idea if they will even do this, already been 2 xpacs in a row) should have
a) a paladin class on both alliance and horde
b) no monk, shaman, warrior, or dk (I already don't like goblins/worgen being able to be death knights)
c) Give a hunter & warlock to alliance, mage & priest to the horde

Bottom Line:

ALLIANCE
Paladin
Hunter
Warlock
(New Class?)
Druid
Rogue

HORDE:
Paladin
Mage
Priest
(New Class?)
Druid
Rogue
#39LordAlistairPosted 11/22/2012 8:53:48 AM
EDarien posted...
LordAlistair posted...
Taaron posted...
LordAlistair posted...
Sellus Gravius posted...

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30986

and

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30202

Disagree with you.

Those aren't Paladins, they're generic undead using mock-Paladin abilities.

And before you say it, Blizz took out all the spells that made Blood Knights unique from Paladins, so don't expect them to go making new ones for Forsaken.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#40AmakusaPosted 11/22/2012 9:07:42 AM
LordAlistair posted...
And before you say it, Blizz took out all the spells that made Blood Knights unique from Paladins, so don't expect them to go making new ones for Forsaken.

Eh, other than the Thalassian Charger, the only thing Blood Knight flavor was Seal of Blood. Seal of Corruption was just a copy of Truth.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.