This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone think World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria was revenge on the casuals?

#1Will446Posted 11/20/2012 8:44:54 PM
Man when Wraith of the Lich King came out the game grew with millions of people joining in from everywhere. The game became easy new Add-Ons like Quest Helper completely changed the MMO world.

But to Ghostwalker this was terrible news. He felt the good ideas that attracted millions was terrible. Thus World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was released to cater not to casuals but to the Hardcore Minority. The game became hard for casuals. Of course the Hardcore Minority who enjoys 16 hour boss battles in FFXI and Perma Death in MMOs did not see it as hard.

Ghostwalker then releases the infamous "Wow, Dungeons Are Hard" http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469 millions start to leave.

Then to bring back the casuals and to stop the bad press BlizzCon was cancelled Blizzard was offering Diablo 3 free for those who get a 12 month Sub....then to finally kill the Elitist Hardcore Minority grasp on all raids, raid finder was introduced thus no one would ever have to deal with a crappy DKP Guild and those swamp people and those guilds could finally die out.

Ghostwalker not happy about all this and his plans being ruined seemed to insert a joke race into the series and make it an expansion. Do you think it was revenge?
#2angrywalrus13Posted 11/20/2012 8:48:11 PM
All I can think of is a humanoid crab now.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3electricgodPosted 11/20/2012 8:54:42 PM
I really miss the start of Cata.
#4BoogyyPosted 11/20/2012 8:55:41 PM
Not seeing casuals go past 4/6 MV or 2/6 HoF while never touching Challenge modes.

I think, so far, this expansion is catering to casuals and more "dedicated" players pretty fairly. The content is there, you're either capable or not.
---
Flowers are really unbalance