This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizz needs to bring out Classic Wow Servers

#11ElaeusPosted 11/21/2012 4:56:26 AM
OriginalGuido posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
I'd like them to do a few servers just so that people who think it's the best era can really see how much the game has changed. No mounts until 40? Great! Resist gear? Awesome! Like buffing? Paladin's your class! Like to res? Great, stay out of combat and you can do it all day!

Etc.

Much better than nowadays s***

2 whole people agree.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#12vahndragonwingPosted 11/21/2012 4:58:58 AM
OriginalGuido posted...
I'd like them to do a few servers just so that people who think it's the best era can really see how much the game has changed. No mounts until 40? Great! Resist gear? Awesome! Like buffing? Paladin's your class! Like to res? Great, stay out of combat and you can do it all day!

Etc.

Assuming you even have MoP and aren't one of the neckbeards who 'hasn't played since BC cause it's teh bestzorz"

They just madbro cause they realized all that time they could have had a girlfriend but instead spent raiding molten core, and as soon as the next expansion came out nobody gave a s*** about them OR their gear.

Boohoo.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#13Tavy89Posted 11/21/2012 5:10:53 AM
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/the-queue-its-time-for-vanilla-wow-servers/
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#14schmarkenheimerPosted 11/21/2012 5:29:16 AM
OriginalGuido posted...

Etc.

Totally, the game then was totally awesome. Like le game le gem level: totally awesome

More srs. Orly? I stopped in Wotlk but here's the thing, from TBC to Wotlk Warrior levelling improved a tonne (~2.1 - 3.3). Since then Warrior has a kill based heal in VR, Execute finally hits like a truck again among other things it looks even better than then. Paladins have improved SO MUCH in levelling (from a Prot Pala friend that says he can mostly solo HFC instances in 60's), same with Sham (DW, FT, LL and MQ at 10 instead of 40+ which MASSIVELY increases damage and reduces downtime) and Priest (Shadow abilities are gotten much earlier for example). How many specs were BS?

Oh and what about RDF? XP from BG's? Mounts at 20 and 40 instead of 40 and 60 for MUCH less. Much better itemised gear (spirit on dungeon set 1 holla!).
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#15ZkkPosted 11/21/2012 5:29:57 AM
None of the good things you list are actually very good.

Epics were hard to come by, yes. Just too bad you either had to have absolutely no life or join a raiding guild to get them if all you liked was PVP. Oh and, you seriously praise the old PVP system!?? It was the worst decision in the history of mankind. Make a job out of PVP and you're rewarded with... pretty bad blue gear. Give up your life and you get epics on par with raid-gear.

Great av battles, seriously? They sometimes took like 12 hours and didn't move anywhere. That wasn't fun. Being a melee class in AV was ridiculous. I never ever did it past Exalted. And if you were a ranged class you wouldn't even want to be exalted, because there was no gear....

Raids have a lot of nostalgia behind them, but truthfully they are no better. All of them have had new versions too, right? I haven't played since WotLK so I can't really remember, but I believe MC and BWL came back in Cataclysm. The reason they felt so epic and hard back in the day was because players weren't that good, and they were way overtuned, and by the time Naxx came out they were super easy already. A new guild (that knows tactics) in blues would clear MC and BWL in a week, the new servers that sometimes popped up were proof of that. The original Naxx was great though, no denying that... but I wonder if it's actually better than the current ones?

Man, the only thing I miss about Classic was pvp (if you ignore the honor system). It was just so much fun without resilience. I might give a private server where everyone is level 60 and given the same gear a shot. I'd never level another character in classic, because it was so dreadfully boring. Yey, 10 days of boring quests and flying around the world constantly. Sounds like a pretty poor time...

Nostalgia, man, that's mostly what it is...
#16vahndragonwingPosted 11/21/2012 5:31:21 AM
Tavy89 posted...
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/the-queue-its-time-for-vanilla-wow-servers/

So 3 people agree. No offense to Adam, but he tends to want and 'think it's time for' a lot of things.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#17Tavy89Posted 11/21/2012 5:35:37 AM
Adam says yes, but he also pretty much says the people who want it so badly would go on and probably be back off quickly, smashing the nostalgia glasses in the process after realising what we have is so much better.
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#18spacecowboymikePosted 11/21/2012 5:48:21 AM
Just wondering....when are you guys going to stop beating this LONG dead horse?

Tavy89 posted...
Adam says yes, but he also pretty much says the people who want it so badly would go on and probably be back off quickly, smashing the nostalgia glasses in the process after realising what we have is so much better.

This this and this. You know I almost hope it happens so all these people crying for it get a rude awakening of how HORRIBLE it will be.

News flash: Wow was great back then because it was all new to you.
#19SnappySnakePosted 11/21/2012 5:55:57 AM
It's funny. When people says "Everyone is requesting this or that", it's like they feel that everyone thinks like them. Cute.

Here's the truth : No one thinks like you.
---
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened?"
#20JiruruPosted 11/21/2012 6:04:02 AM
spacecowboymike posted...
News flash: Wow was great back then because it was all new to you.

Yeah. I have great memories of classic, but that's because it was this brand new world. If the game had stayed like that, or if I went back to playing those days, I'd be all "what the gently caress is this poopoo" *unsubscribe*.

(Plus I'd been playing FF11 prior to WoW and WoW was such a massive step better anyway so it felt really good.)
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"