This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizz needs to bring out Classic Wow Servers

#21XtraTPosted 11/21/2012 5:11:53 AM
the nostalgia wall would hit these noobs very hard if they played with the 1.x.x patch mechanics, talents, balance, etc.

watching reactions of people seeing only warriors can tank and thunderclap can't be used in d-stance would be amazing though
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#22toomanymouthsPosted 11/21/2012 5:20:39 AM
Classic EQ is still FAR better than anything WoW ever offered....
#23Jordo_dPosted 11/21/2012 5:20:53 AM
I'm calling the OP's bluff....only because you didn't call it Vanilla WoW.

Anyone who says they played Classic WoW and would prefer classic WoW to the present WoW....didn't play classic WoW.

WoW was fun back in the day because it was the only MMO that was out, and people were raging about it. Now that WoW has evolved, and there are other MMO's out now, Vanilla WoW is way worse than anything I have seen.
---
Black 2 FC - 1335-5569-9749
#24toomanymouthsPosted 11/21/2012 5:21:53 AM
I will give exception to the first 3 expansions for EQ though. Kunark, Velious, and Luclin were all good. After that it went downhill (especially with PoP).
#25c0sa n0straPosted 11/21/2012 5:22:23 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
I'd like them to do a few servers just so that people who think it's the best era can really see how much the game has changed. No mounts until 40? Great! Resist gear? Awesome! Like buffing? Paladin's your class! Like to res? Great, stay out of combat and you can do it all day!

Etc.

This, smash the rose colored hipster glasses some people can't seem to put down.
#26Lwaxana_TroiPosted 11/21/2012 5:38:54 AM
Could somebody please explain what exactly is so much better about current WoW than classic WoW?

I have a feeling a lot of the "improvements" are things that people requesting classic servers have issues with... such as classes being less defined ("bring the player, not the class"), each faction essentially being identical, tanks having endless threat, LFD making the game more convenient, etc.

When EverQuest launched its progression servers, they were a huge hit. While some people may find it difficult to return to a "less evolved" time, some players enjoy the challenges that the game's "improvements" have eliminated.
---
Getting rid of Britta
#27ChronuxPosted 11/21/2012 5:57:57 AM
All the people saying Classic sucked are the ones who probably thought WoTlk was the best. They didn't like classic because it wasn't casual friendly like the noobs are now.

you actually had to put time and effort to get stuff done, unlike now.

Thats why people hate it, ADD, casual noobness hating stuff that takes time and effort.. go figure.
#28TheSpectrePosted 11/21/2012 6:08:02 AM
Nostalgia tends to obscure judgement and critical thinking.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#29MarikhenPosted 11/21/2012 6:14:54 AM
Chronux posted...
All the people saying Classic sucked are the ones who probably thought WoTlk was the best. They didn't like classic because it wasn't casual friendly like the noobs are now.

you actually had to put time and effort to get stuff done, unlike now.

And what about the people who loved Wrath but also want to play older content on servers running just the final patch for said content?

I personally didn't really start playing until Wrath so I don't have any "nostalgia goggles" interfering with my vision, and I still would enjoy giving retail servers running older patches a shot. That's after seeing a bit of just how annoying it was to play a hunter and hearing the "horror stories" involving one or two dedicated "rezzers" for raids who avoided combat like the plague and paladins who did little more than function as buff vending machines back in 1.12.1 too.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#30hyjinx17Posted 11/21/2012 6:26:37 AM
Meh I don't see the problem. If they opened 2 servers per region, one pve one pvp I don't see the harm. I feel like it would be a neat little distraction if you want to play wow, but if you're tired of the new content.

I didnt start until BC so it would actually be a brand new experience for me
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.