This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizz needs to bring out Classic Wow Servers

#31DaedalusExPosted 11/21/2012 7:27:34 AM
When people say they want Classic back I don't think they mean a verbatim copy of the old patches. There have been a number of quality of life improvements over the years that I certainly wouldn't want to give back. Where the game went wrong, however, was the shift in design philosophy from 'reward dedicated and skilled players' to 'reward everyone.'
#32ElaeusPosted 11/21/2012 7:35:14 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
'reward everyone.'

Yeah, everyone is walking in full t14hc or current season full gladiator sets bro.
Hell, I am raiding on a heroic level and all I have is ONE piece of heroic gear and I am considered progressed than most of vanilla scrubs that refuse to do the current content because they are lying to themselves on the reason by saying they are above this, while in fact they will be slaughtered to pieces in raids because they can't afk in Molten Core and get credit for kills.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#33vahndragonwingPosted 11/21/2012 7:40:50 AM
Elaeus posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
'reward everyone.'

Yeah, everyone is walking in full t14hc or current season full gladiator sets bro.
Hell, I am raiding on a heroic level and all I have is ONE piece of heroic gear and I am considered progressed than most of vanilla scrubs that refuse to do the current content because they are lying to themselves on the reason by saying they are above this, while in fact they will be slaughtered to pieces in raids because they can't afk in Molten Core and get credit for kills.

This. I love all the 'Blizz just gives everything away now! Of course, I'm not even in full 463 but my friend said it so it must be true, he was the same guy who said that vanilla WoW was way better!"
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#34redundanciesPosted 11/21/2012 8:16:31 AM
Could somebody please explain what exactly is so much better about current WoW than classic WoW?

Short answer? It's way more fun and less tedious.

I much prefer the current questing system to the old "let's have seven people give you different quests that have nothing to do with each other and often have you auto-running halfway across the zone to get to the quest objective."

Dungeons and raids are fun and have interesting mechanics. And the queuing systems are great because it means I'm not shackled to someone else's schedule - like this morning when I ran an LFR Terrace. I don't want to go back to either waiting for friends to get on or sitting in trade spamming "LFG for heroic whatever".

I also wonder why there's a problem with the bring the player, not the class mentality. In previous times, you spent more time looking for people because you needed something specific, or not being able to run because your shaman was sick. (or worse, grabbing a player you know is horrible but has that buff or spell you need) I don't understand why less tedium, and being able to bring your best players, is a bad thing.
#35_Anticlimactic_Posted 11/21/2012 8:27:44 AM
eh activision already said they would never do that once they took over. they took the game in a completely different direction and they would never bring back "blizzard's wow." There are tons of people that hate the hand holdyness of activisions stuff (gamefaqs is not where to find em) and for the reason if you were to google Wow private servers i know some would come up. Last one i was in was all patches and content upto the end of BC, was good stuff.
#36DarthSchubertPosted 11/21/2012 8:32:18 AM
Don't need classic servers. Just a patch to make the game hard. Not cooperating in raids, that's hard - the game.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#37Fou LuPosted 11/21/2012 8:41:41 AM
Spoken like someone who has never played Vanilla WoW. Anyone who experienced the horror of 40 man raids would NEVER want to go back to them, unless they were one of the many people that had a raid group carry them though it while they hid and did nothing to help the raid group.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#38piplupzeroPosted 11/21/2012 8:52:46 AM
MC....cool raid...
Joke topic
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#39neonreaperPosted 11/21/2012 8:55:54 AM
FROST SHOCK
---
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.
#40vahndragonwingPosted 11/21/2012 9:03:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender