This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizz needs to bring out Classic Wow Servers

#41DaedalusExPosted 11/21/2012 8:40:58 AM
Elaeus posted...
Yeah, everyone is walking in full t14hc

They're walking around in T14. It might not be 'heroic' T14 but what is the difference? A palette swap and some extra stat points. Whoop-de-freakin'-do. They didn't even bother to scale the set bonuses. In other words, people who afk in LFR get the same aesthetics and set bonuses as those who clear heroic content. Are you really going to say there's nothing wrong with that?

Are you going to say there's nothing wrong with the fact that you can get better gear from the faceroll world bosses than you can from normal Elegon? Or that afking in LFR gives loot only 6 ilvls below normal raiding? Or that Challenge Modes don't offer any loot at all?

The design is completely asinine, designed solely to gratify the lowest common denominator player. Classic didn't do that, and that's why I would switch to a Classic realm in a second.
#42ChronuxPosted 11/21/2012 8:59:51 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
Elaeus posted...

They're walking around in T14. It might not be 'heroic' T14 but what is the difference? A palette swap and some extra stat points. Whoop-de-freakin'-do. They didn't even bother to scale the set bonuses. In other words, people who afk in LFR get the same aesthetics and set bonuses as those who clear heroic content. Are you really going to say there's nothing wrong with that?

Are you going to say there's nothing wrong with the fact that you can get better gear from the faceroll world bosses than you can from normal Elegon? Or that afking in LFR gives loot only 6 ilvls below normal raiding? Or that Challenge Modes don't offer any loot at all?

The design is completely asinine, designed solely to gratify the lowest common denominator player. Classic didn't do that, and that's why I would switch to a Classic realm in a second.

Right on. Well said.

Lawl at troll Elaus
#43schmarkenheimerPosted 11/21/2012 9:12:44 AM
If people want to play Classic, there's nothing stopping them.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#44vahndragonwingPosted 11/21/2012 9:16:41 AM
Chronux posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Elaeus posted...

Right on. Well said.

Lawl at troll Elaus

Nice spelling, or accusing one of the best posters on the board of being a troll.

Just because you don't feel like a special snowflake anymore doesn't mean it's 'wrong'. Once you get, you know, a life (wife, job, kids) you'll appreciate the moves blizzard has made to casualize gameplay while still leaving in challenging bits. But it's cool, I remember when I got Christmas break too.

I'm sure that in a few years, all of this will mean SOOOOO much. I'm sure you raiding a 40man with no nerfs is going to be incredibly applicable to that new 7 figure job.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#45GISMPosted 11/21/2012 9:24:28 AM
I hope they release classic servers for all the people who want it. I mean why not if the people want it. I hope they create a board here for it as we'll so all the people who quit playing before the game got so casual can all tug each other over there.
---
psn: tim_currys_beard
#46BahamutDarkFirePosted 11/21/2012 9:27:25 AM
I agree with OP. Vanilla WoW through TBC were its best years. EQ had progression servers, why can't WoW? I'd roll on one in a heartbeat.

Btw not everyone agrees that through the years all Blizzards patches were actually improvements. I love WoW as much as anyone here, but WoW appears to be a shadow of its former self. A game for casuals and Sunday raiders. That's fine, but I miss the old days. Why can't both philosophies have their cake?
---
Magyar nok. Gyonyoru!
http://www.beauty-queens.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Agnes_Dobo_01.jpg
#47BahamutDarkFirePosted 11/21/2012 9:32:45 AM
Fou Lu posted...
Spoken like someone who has never played Vanilla WoW. Anyone who experienced the horror of 40 man raids would NEVER want to go back to them, unless they were one of the many people that had a raid group carry them though it while they hid and did nothing to help the raid group.

Oh come on, I never completed certain raids in old EQ because they were too hard. Never bothered me, always gave a sense of goals and ambitions. I love MMOs built on those principles.
---
Magyar nok. Gyonyoru!
#48BahamutDarkFirePosted 11/21/2012 9:35:02 AM
vahndragonwing posted...
Chronux posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Elaeus posted...

Right on. Well said.

Lawl at troll Elaus

Nice spelling, or accusing one of the best posters on the board of being a troll.

Just because you don't feel like a special snowflake anymore doesn't mean it's 'wrong'. Once you get, you know, a life (wife, job, kids) you'll appreciate the moves blizzard has made to casualize gameplay while still leaving in challenging bits. But it's cool, I remember when I got Christmas break too.

I'm sure that in a few years, all of this will mean SOOOOO much. I'm sure you raiding a 40man with no nerfs is going to be incredibly applicable to that new 7 figure job.

I also disagree with this. I'm married with a mortgage and demanding job. I don't appreciate the changes Bliz has made. Don't paint with broad strokes.
---
Magyar nok. Gyonyoru!
#49BahamutDarkFirePosted 11/21/2012 9:37:23 AM
The point is that there are always two camps. The people that loved EQ in its prime and appreciated when WoW reflected EQ, or the other crowd that prefers a more accessible game. Neither are right or wrong and that isn't the point. The point is that one group doesn't get to play to their preferences, easily alleviated by a progression or classic only server.
---
Magyar nok. Gyonyoru!
#50vahndragonwingPosted 11/21/2012 9:43:42 AM
BahamutDarkFire posted...

I also disagree with this. I'm married with a mortgage and demanding job. I don't appreciate the changes Bliz has made. Don't paint with broad strokes.

Taking more time to do the same exact thing isn't fun. Getting 40 people together is not only a pain, but will continue to be more and more of a pain as the game starts to die out.

The snowflake mentality is tiring. There is NO ADVANTAGE to the old way apart from 'herpy derp I feel unique because I spent more time in front of a computer than guy B. HAHA HE SUCKS.'
Lets also take into consideration the fact that less than 10% of players saw sunwell when it was current. So yeah, lets b**** at blizzard about a lack of content and then have them put out content that you aren't going to see anyway. It's a really smart plan.

Not to mention, within this single thread, there are already conflicting arguments about where in the games life these servers should even be.

You'll have the "BC was the best, but only first patch!" vs. "No, barebones WoW was the most challenging, I want that one!" vs "I really liked wrath, and if they get a server I should too!"

So to silence all of the whiny babies, they'd have to come up with a server for every expansion AT THE MINIMUM. The whole time they're doing that for the 7 people who give a s*** about it, the other 9,999,993 people who play have to sit on their thumbs because why now?
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender