This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizz needs to bring out Classic Wow Servers

#61BahamutDarkFirePosted 11/21/2012 2:50:11 PM
ArcticLich posted...
That's why there are 1.12.1 private servers. Choose one that fits what YOU like about Vanilla.
/start rant
The only reason people want Vanilla back is primarily because they want what THEY loved about it back, but they want it back, AND to keep the knowledge they've learned over the years of PLAYING. The secrets they DIDN'T know back then, they want to know, so they can exploit it or something to that effect. Nobody REALLY wants to farm trash in MC, or collect Silithid Carapieces for days on end, they want it back where THEIR class or spec was overpowered, or they want to go back to a point where fellow guild members or IRL friends made it bearable. You all know as well as I do that most things were a pain in the a** back then, and many people didn't like it. However, people reflect back, and they remember good times because of the people and the community. Nobody REALLY wants Classic back, they just want what THEY, as an individual, LOVED about Classic.

So laughably incorrect.
---
Magyar nok. Gyonyoru!
http://www.beauty-queens.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Agnes_Dobo_01.jpg
#62BahamutDarkFirePosted 11/21/2012 2:54:22 PM
It's quite shocking to see people who feel this way be so heavily put down by the gamefaqs community. Not to mention the ironies, circular logic, and hypocrisies present in their arguments. Might I just add; what is the problem if I prefer classic? Why must someone find a reason to challenge that?
---
Magyar nok. Gyonyoru!
http://www.beauty-queens.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Agnes_Dobo_01.jpg
#63ghettoraider81Posted 11/21/2012 3:00:13 PM
BahamutDarkFire posted...
It's quite shocking to see people who feel this way be so heavily put down by the gamefaqs community. Not to mention the ironies, circular logic, and hypocrisies present in their arguments. Might I just add; what is the problem if I prefer classic? Why must someone find a reason to challenge that?

It's because they don't like that in that environment they can't "be the best" for whatever reason. Be it time, skill, patience or whatever. They don't want it to exist because they won't be able to do it.

Of course this post will be met with, "no I just don't think collecting resist gear, flask mats, etc is fun"

Thing is, if you don't like it, you don't have to play on it. Why tell those that want it they can't have it?

Besides is farming for raiding mats and resist gear etc in Classic really that different from the dailies you do all day now?
---
Win, lose, or tie Oakland Raiders til I die! WHY'S THE RUM GONE!
S.M.O.K.E my anti sXe
#64Little ZardarPosted 11/21/2012 3:03:23 PM
i have massive nostalgia for ffxi, so i decided to play it again (about 2 years ago during cata)
and i was reminded about how awful the game was, i played for maybe 4 days then unsubbed again
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#65redundanciesPosted 11/21/2012 4:39:12 PM
Not to mention, within this single thread, there are already conflicting arguments about where in the games life these servers should even be.

You'll have the "BC was the best, but only first patch!" vs. "No, barebones WoW was the most challenging, I want that one!" vs "I really liked wrath, and if they get a server I should too!"

Not only that, but you have conflicts within those subsets. There are some that say, make it just like vanilla, warts and all, and then you have DaedalusEx who said he wants the QOL changes only.

They're walking around in T14

OK, where's my free T14?! I only have one piece and that dropped of the Sha of Anger.
#66thronedfire2Posted 11/21/2012 5:39:47 PM
Only thing I miss about vanilla is the old honor system and world pvp actually existing.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#67Uchiha_MicahPosted 11/21/2012 6:06:49 PM
This again? *sigh*
---
"I wasn't carded. My facial hair was too powerful for the weak-willed GameStop employee" i lol'd
#68toomanymouthsPosted 11/23/2012 11:48:03 PM
WoW was fun back in the day because it was the only MMO that was out,

Lol, what?! Was this kid born yesterday?

Not only wasn't WoW the only MMO out (for years), it has always paled in comparison to UO and especially Everquest (the first). Handholding and casual MMO does not make a better game.
#69Right_Chus_1Posted 11/24/2012 12:15:29 AM(edited)
The whole idea is funny because lets say tommorow Blizzard is like "alright, we are making 3 classic wow servers and 3 bc servers!!"...People would be like, omg this is so awesome!!..Then they go to play it and the forums blow up. "Hey this vanilla server is cool but rogues are killing me in one stunlock. Please fix!!"...etc etc..It would just turn into people exploding about what should be fixed..All the while the game we are playing now is vanilla, just with all the things that were needed to be fixed.

With added issues that need to be fixed but F it. Thats the process.
#70RomeoMinolaPosted 11/24/2012 1:13:19 AM
Classic WoW + Achievements may actually be quite enjoyable. Though I imagine lack of updated content may make the formula get old within a year.