This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizz needs to bring out Classic Wow Servers

#71Miniman237Posted 11/24/2012 2:50:29 AM
wieheistdu posted...
So we can relive the glory days of great old Classic Wow. Reason include:
Cool raids like MC

lol no
#72AmakusaPosted 11/24/2012 2:54:34 AM(edited)
RomeoMinola posted...
Classic WoW + Achievements may actually be quite enjoyable.

The problem with that is it wouldn't be 'classic WoW'.

toomanymouths posted...
Not only wasn't WoW the only MMO out (for years), it has always paled in comparison to UO and especially Everquest (the first). Handholding and casual MMO does not make a better game.

That's a matter of perspective. Beside which, I'm surprised you aren't gushing over Eve Online... or is that not the 'cool' thing to do these days?
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#73piplupzeroPosted 11/24/2012 5:23:49 AM
Go on a private server then! Problem solved! If I wanted to experience wow during a specific patch that's what I would do. The you can raid Molten core in all its glory (It was terrible back then as well by the way.)
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#74CGoblinsPosted 11/24/2012 12:49:41 PM
Lwaxana_Troi posted...
Could somebody please explain what exactly is so much better about current WoW than classic WoW?

I have a feeling a lot of the "improvements" are things that people requesting classic servers have issues with... such as classes being less defined ("bring the player, not the class"), each faction essentially being identical, tanks having endless threat, LFD making the game more convenient, etc.

When EverQuest launched its progression servers, they were a huge hit. While some people may find it difficult to return to a "less evolved" time, some players enjoy the challenges that the game's "improvements" have eliminated.

Not sure if you were already answered, but... LFG tool, Achievements, Flying Mounts, Mounts at 20 instead of 40, quests that led through multiple zones across continents for very little experience, running to instances and having to use meeting stones, floating corpses, getting stuck looting often, if you were a class and your spec wasn't the flavor of the week you couldn't raid, Any raid requiring more than 25 people, running through elites to even get into some instances, BGs? Yea nope, Wailing Caverns used to be a lot longer...

I could go on...
---
PSN: CGoblin
Playing: UO and M&M: World of Xeen
#75ArtosRCPosted 11/24/2012 2:42:53 PM
Oh, look another "HURR, I PLAID VANILLER GAEM (ireallydidntbutiwantyoutothinkidid)" topic!

Nostalgia goggles: Vanilla was good!
Truth: Vanilla was an unbalanced, buggy wreck of a game popularized only because of its pedigree and relative accessibility.

Nostalgia goggles:
Classes were better then! Players were better!
Truth: Classes were broken- often to the point of unplayability. Entire specs were ignored. Certain classes were pigeon-holed into one role. Players had no idea on how to play their class, as theorycrafting and practice were not the norm.

Nostalgia goggles: PvP was so much better!
Truth: To get anywhere in PvP, a player had to devote an extraordinary (read: almost unhealthy) amount of time to killing other players. Certain classes broke PvP outright (see: Rogues using only one grey dagger, Shadow Priests in general) whereas others could hardly put up a fight. (The more things change....)

Nostalgia goggles: Raids were challenging! Forty players fighting together was totally epic!
Truth: Raids were filled with boring set pieces, annoying trash, and flavorless gear-check bosses. Organizing and leading a group of forty (comprised mainly of stolid, knuckle-dragging, slack-jawed fools) was more of an exercise in babysitting than anything else. Most players never stepped foot in a true raid, and most of those that did remained in Molten Core and Zul'Gurub. To do much of anything in a raid, players had to farm and/or craft resistance gear just to proceed, which was a mechanism to artificially increase the difficulty of the raid.

Nostalgia goggles:
I remember...
Truth: No, you don't. You are substituting what you heard with what you experienced. You are yearning for a golden age that didn't exist. What you remember is that, at that time, the game was this undiscovered country that was full of secrets and mystery. You remember being so small and insignificant; every success was magnified because of this. Now, that world has been charted and laid exposed for all. It is no longer the enigma that it once was, and you remember things that did not happen to romanticize this fact (and to cope with never again being able to experience the world as someone new to it).

Vanilla would, in this day and age, go free-to-play in a matter of months.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/zerominus/WoW/welcomebear.jpg
#76bstbllPosted 11/24/2012 6:55:26 PM(edited)
ArtosRC posted...
Oh, look another "HURR, I PLAID VANILLER GAEM (ireallydidntbutiwantyoutothinkidid)" topic!

Nostalgia goggles: Vanilla was good!
Truth: Vanilla was an unbalanced, buggy wreck of a game popularized only because of its pedigree and relative accessibility.

Nostalgia goggles:
Classes were better then! Players were better!
Truth: Classes were broken- often to the point of unplayability. Entire specs were ignored. Certain classes were pigeon-holed into one role. Players had no idea on how to play their class, as theorycrafting and practice were not the norm.

Nostalgia goggles: PvP was so much better!
Truth: To get anywhere in PvP, a player had to devote an extraordinary (read: almost unhealthy) amount of time to killing other players. Certain classes broke PvP outright (see: Rogues using only one grey dagger, Shadow Priests in general) whereas others could hardly put up a fight. (The more things change....)

Nostalgia goggles: Raids were challenging! Forty players fighting together was totally epic!
Truth: Raids were filled with boring set pieces, annoying trash, and flavorless gear-check bosses. Organizing and leading a group of forty (comprised mainly of stolid, knuckle-dragging, slack-jawed fools) was more of an exercise in babysitting than anything else. Most players never stepped foot in a true raid, and most of those that did remained in Molten Core and Zul'Gurub. To do much of anything in a raid, players had to farm and/or craft resistance gear just to proceed, which was a mechanism to artificially increase the difficulty of the raid.

Nostalgia goggles:
I remember...
Truth: No, you don't. You are substituting what you heard with what you experienced. You are yearning for a golden age that didn't exist. What you remember is that, at that time, the game was this undiscovered country that was full of secrets and mystery. You remember being so small and insignificant; every success was magnified because of this. Now, that world has been charted and laid exposed for all. It is no longer the enigma that it once was, and you remember things that did not happen to romanticize this fact (and to cope with never again being able to experience the world as someone new to it).

Vanilla would, in this day and age, go free-to-play in a matter of months.

This. 1000x this. I played a druid in classic. I liked the shapeshifting aspect, the ability to fulfill multiple roles by paying gold, and the flexibility of it. When I got to 60 and started raiding, I had no choice but to respec to resto for innervate.

Resist gear was insanely annoying, and I never made it past the first 5 in Naxx (spider, noth, instructor) so I didn't have to deal with FrR gear.

But you know what makes a raid fun? Interesting and difficult mechanics. Know what doesn't make a game fun? Having to take off all the gear I've worked for so I can put on my set of crappy NR gear just for Huhu. Hell, I even liked Vael, even though he was another "lol take off ur gear and max FR kk" bosses, just because he was something new.

Know what's fun? Killing bosses. Know what wasn't fun (and, incidentally, was the reason we just quit AQ40 after we downed Twin Emps)? Literally three hours of trash to get to the last boss. Hell, do you remember how most classes actually played in Vanilla? Do you know what the mage rotation was pre-AQ? Frostbolt. That was it. The entire rotation was frostbolt. Bosses were immune to fire, and lolarcane.

Vanilla was fun, at the time. Compared to later expansions, it was a buggy, mediocre pile of crap. And that isn't even touching the cluster**** that was PvP.
#77Devon32Posted 11/24/2012 10:39:36 PM
I liked BC and Wrath the best
---
PSN: Devon32
Owner of: PSP, PS3 & NDS.
#78wieheistdu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 10:14:09 PM
Wow 2005 > Wow 2012?
---
Xbox Live GT: Nebbycat2004