This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So apparently Blizzard is considering nerfing Chaos Bolt's damage.

#1Glockass1Posted 11/22/2012 4:59:12 AM
Why don't they nerf Frost Bomb's damage too then?
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2XtraTPosted 11/22/2012 5:00:34 AM
they did, in a way. Frost bomb also doesn't hit for 300k+ in pvp
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 5:05:17 AM
XtraT posted...
they did, in a way. Frost bomb also doesn't hit for 300k+ in pvp

If it hits you for 300k then you must be terribly geared. Anyways, Chaos Bolt has a long cast time and is easily interrupted. Frost Bomb goes off instantly with Fireblast and is an AOE ability.
---
#4Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/22/2012 5:06:58 AM
I don't understand. Doesn't a lot of work go into getting massive damage Chaos Bolts?

PvP isn't balanced around one person. If the enemy team doesn't see the Warlock as a possible major threat and ignore them then they're going to be sorry. You can't really ignore anyone in PvP.
---
This is more intense than that time I forgot how to DO A BARREL ROLL!
Then I remembered to press Z or R twice.
#5Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 5:08:00 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
I don't understand. Doesn't a lot of work go into getting massive damage Chaos Bolts?

PvP isn't balanced around one person. If the enemy team doesn't see the Warlock as a possible major threat and ignore them then they're going to be sorry. You can't really ignore anyone in PvP.

Exactly. Except Rogues. You can ignore them :P
---
#6XtraTPosted 11/22/2012 5:16:59 AM
Glockass1 posted...

If it hits you for 300k then you must be terribly geared. Anyways, Chaos Bolt has a long cast time and is easily interrupted. Frost Bomb goes off instantly with Fireblast and is an AOE ability.

Nope, 300k+ is the standard Chaos Bolt PvP damage with the on use SP trinket. It can also hit 2 targets with Havok. All the locks are demo now in arenas anyway, so it'S a moot point.

Frost bomb is strong but again it can be either interrupted or dispelled, trinketed (since it only does big damage in deep freeze), etc. They're nerfing deep freeze's duration and extendign the time it take for the bomb to go off. Fireblast only proc it from a glyph and it's an extra GCD+glyph slot they have to use.

tldr: it's fine.
---
#7Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 5:20:22 AM
XtraT posted...
Glockass1 posted...

Nope, 300k+ is the standard Chaos Bolt PvP damage with the on use SP trinket. It can also hit 2 targets with Havok. All the locks are demo now in arenas anyway, so it'S a moot point.

Frost bomb is strong but again it can be either interrupted or dispelled, trinketed (since it only does big damage in deep freeze), etc. They're nerfing deep freeze's duration and extendign the time it take for the bomb to go off. Fireblast only proc it from a glyph and it's an extra GCD+glyph slot they have to use.

tldr: it's fine.

I know it's a Glyph Slot and a GCD but still the damage is insane. Wasting your trinket on a Deep Freeze is pointless anyways. Frost Mages have way too much control and CC. Makes me sad that Blizzard favors a class so much.
---
#8XtraTPosted 11/22/2012 5:24:07 AM
Glockass1 posted...

I know it's a Glyph Slot and a GCD but still the damage is insane. Wasting your trinket on a Deep Freeze is pointless anyways. Frost Mages have way too much control and CC. Makes me sad that Blizzard favors a class so much.

then I guess that team who won the last blizzard arena tournament last weekend were pointlessly tinkering deep freezes. You obviously know little of high end pvp and that's fine, but don't make assumptions and call for balance when you're obviously biased.
---
#9Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 5:55:30 AM
XtraT posted...
Glockass1 posted...

then I guess that team who won the last blizzard arena tournament last weekend were pointlessly tinkering deep freezes. You obviously know little of high end pvp and that's fine, but don't make assumptions and call for balance when you're obviously biased.

I'm not great at high end PVP but you must admit that Mages/Warriors/Hunters are pretty broken ATM.
---
#10SnappySnakePosted 11/22/2012 6:00:09 AM
I don't get it. Chaos Bolt as a long cast time. So why nerf it?
---
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened?"