This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So apparently Blizzard is considering nerfing Chaos Bolt's damage.

#11Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:04:00 AM
SnappySnake posted...
I don't get it. Chaos Bolt as a long cast time. So why nerf it?

99% mage tears :P
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#12LeninovPosted 11/22/2012 7:09:39 AM
XtraT posted...
Glockass1 posted...

I know it's a Glyph Slot and a GCD but still the damage is insane. Wasting your trinket on a Deep Freeze is pointless anyways. Frost Mages have way too much control and CC. Makes me sad that Blizzard favors a class so much.

then I guess that team who won the last blizzard arena tournament last weekend were pointlessly tinkering deep freezes. You obviously know little of high end pvp and that's fine, but don't make assumptions and call for balance when you're obviously biased.

I'm not great at high end PVP but you must admit that Mages/Warriors/Hunters are pretty broken ATM.

hunters aren't that bad anymore, and they're going to be terrible after 5.1
---
Man's consciousness not only reflects the objective world, but creates it.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2m2cm77.jpg
#13TurtleT9Posted 11/22/2012 7:33:58 AM
It's never good to have a skill that hits that hard. It may "take a while" for chaos bolt to come out (which is incorrect - I think it's like 2s with backdraft?), but you can easily get caught in a position where you're stunned and your healer is cc'd and that damage is unavoidable. A healer can easily get stuck for a chain where the lock pops trinkets/sp -> fear -> cb -> shadowfury -> cb -> execute (not including the lock's teammate's damage). But like XtraT said, all top locks are demo now for curse of enfeeblement anyways so whatever.
#14hurtloidePosted 11/22/2012 7:44:50 AM(edited)
Because we destro locks have to waste on of our most valuable arena resources on a 3 second cast which may be the easiest spell in the game to interrupt other than a non-procced pyroblast/soul fire. If it does however manage to get off and do maybe between 175-200k (WITH EVERY CD YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF) and a little higher if you reforge everything and gem for crit, which is absolutely stupid. And now it's being nerfed, and once again destro (probably one of the most fun warlock specs) will be most unreliable and weakest spec in the game.

Huff, Huff, Huff
Imad
#15EllyPosted 11/22/2012 7:46:37 PM
XtraT posted...
they did, in a way. Frost bomb also doesn't hit for 300k+ in pvp

It does with a demo lock getting his mastery buff stolen lol.
---
Elhaym van Houten
#16ChocoboMog123Posted 11/22/2012 8:20:53 PM
Chaos Bolt is losing 20% of its upfront damage that normally comes from Grimoire of Sacrifice. The damage from Sacrifice is being baken into a 3 second dot that has munching issues.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#17x_stevey_xPosted 11/22/2012 8:30:50 PM
nerf chaos bolt but keep healers invincible gods .. world of healcraft
#18Master KimeraPosted 11/22/2012 9:13:55 PM
XtraT posted...
Glockass1 posted...

I know it's a Glyph Slot and a GCD but still the damage is insane. Wasting your trinket on a Deep Freeze is pointless anyways. Frost Mages have way too much control and CC. Makes me sad that Blizzard favors a class so much.

then I guess that team who won the last blizzard arena tournament last weekend were pointlessly tinkering deep freezes. You obviously know little of high end pvp and that's fine, but don't make assumptions and call for balance when you're obviously biased.

frostbomb with glyph of fireblast is not fine

stop it
---
<3
QQ~!
#19flairePosted 11/23/2012 3:28:49 AM
locks are generally on chain CC teams and their whole strat is built around setups to let the chaos bolt hit the targets.

it is a long'ish cast but locks don't have much trouble busting out chaos bolts on a regular basis. There wouldn't be complaints about it if it never connected.

bliz has the hard data, you guys don't. Assuming your team will never be cc'd, that you will always have a dispel ready and that you can ensure 100% cast interruption and uptime on a target is just not how it works. But you guys can keep on assuming all of that in your retorts.

If casters were so easy to shut down they wouldn't be completely dominating the tournaments and highest ratings.

They also announced that they are thinking about nerfing heals by 15-30% and that hybrids will not benefit from pvp power on their heals anymore in 5.1. Hybrid heals will be reduced by up to 35% after this nerf.
---
So many games......So little time.......