This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xfire numbers for wow

#21Coop14Posted 11/22/2012 10:50:07 AM
Its topics like these, that give me hope we can one day rid trolls of their existence (Not WoW troll's I like them)
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#22SyrupBookPosted 11/22/2012 10:51:56 AM
I actually like when dbags come take horrible stabs at trolling the WoW board. If they weren't jealous or bitter, they wouldn't bother. Saddest thing about it is that they actually are upset WoW is superior to the game they play, lol. Kinda makes me feel bad for them.
---
/target keyboard
/cast faceroll
#23feeny88Posted 11/22/2012 11:01:28 AM
SyrupBook posted...
I actually like when dbags come take horrible stabs at trolling the WoW board. If they weren't jealous or bitter, they wouldn't bother. Saddest thing about it is that they actually are upset WoW is superior to the game they play, lol. Kinda makes me feel bad for them.

You should come to the GW2 boards and see the trolls there then if people who trash WoW on the WoW boards saddens you. Also I love how you said people that troll WoW are really jealous of it.....does that mean when some of you come to the GW2 boards to troll (some of you have whether you know them or not) they are jealous of GW2?
---
Funky Kong and Gir as Assist Trophies for SSBU
11-11-11 = Greatest day in video game history!!
#24sadjesturePosted 11/22/2012 12:59:21 PM
Glockass1 posted...
Because all WoW players use xfire.

EDIT: And nobody cares about player numbers. This game is a LOT more fun than GW2 and SWToR. I will be playing this until I can't find anyone to play with.

Ever heard of Parametric Modeling ? This is effectively how surveys are done for voting/purchases/etc. I don't need to know that everyone who plays WoW uses Xfire. I just need to know the same ratio of people that does. And from the looks of that (with sufficient sampling size), it is safe to conclude the cyclical decline of WoW.
#25AssultTankPosted 11/22/2012 1:11:46 PM(edited)
sadjesture posted...
Glockass1 posted...
Because all WoW players use xfire.

EDIT: And nobody cares about player numbers. This game is a LOT more fun than GW2 and SWToR. I will be playing this until I can't find anyone to play with.

Ever heard of Parametric Modeling ? This is effectively how surveys are done for voting/purchases/etc. I don't need to know that everyone who plays WoW uses Xfire. I just need to know the same ratio of people that does. And from the looks of that (with sufficient sampling size), it is safe to conclude the cyclical decline of WoW.

But the issue is, the ratio of WoW players who use Xfire is smaller than the ratio of GW2 players who use it.

Approximately 0.00063% of WoW players use Xfire.(based on subscriber numbers released with earnings statements)

Assuming 3 million purchases of GW2, 0.0048% of GW2 players use it...

0.0048% > 0.00063%
Thus a larger percentage of players use Xfire who play GW2 than who play WoW.
---
http://doc.cat-v.org/economics/bar_stool_economics This is how the American tax system works...
---
#26feeny88Posted 11/22/2012 1:15:32 PM
Where did you get those % of users for both games and their xfire? I really want to know. Xfire is idiotic. It doesn't prove anything. You coming up with %'s like those with no proof is almost as bad as Xeeh trolling GW2 and Mrplanktom trolling these boards.
---
Funky Kong and Gir as Assist Trophies for SSBU
11-11-11 = Greatest day in video game history!!
#27AssultTankPosted 11/22/2012 1:22:07 PM
feeny88 posted...
Where did you get those % of users for both games and their xfire? I really want to know. Xfire is idiotic. It doesn't prove anything. You coming up with %'s like those with no proof is almost as bad as Xeeh trolling GW2 and Mrplanktom trolling these boards.

I took estimated sales data/subscriber data and divided the total number of xfire users for each game by the estimate.

I used 10 million for WoW because that is what the last official number released was. I used 3 million for GW2 because the last official number I saw was 2 million and I wanted to highball it.

6300 xfire users played WoW. 6,300/10,000,000

I did mess up some on the math for GW2

I used 14,000 for users, actual number on xfire is only 4000
It should be 4000/3,000,000 = 0.001333~%
---
http://doc.cat-v.org/economics/bar_stool_economics This is how the American tax system works...
---
#28mrplanktom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:29:27 AM
AssultTank posted...
feeny88 posted...

I took estimated sales data/subscriber data and divided the total number of xfire users for each game by the estimate.

I used 10 million for WoW because that is what the last official number released was. I used 3 million for GW2 because the last official number I saw was 2 million and I wanted to highball it.

6300 xfire users played WoW. 6,300/10,000,000

I did mess up some on the math for GW2

I used 14,000 for users, actual number on xfire is only 4000
It should be 4000/3,000,000 = 0.001333~%

So how does that change what you said above?

You seemingly came to an epiphany in the post before this one...

Now, not so much?

Why?
#29FluttershyPonyPosted 11/23/2012 1:26:03 AM
Why are you even talking about GW2? didn't that game die on the spot?

7 year of development and hype and just 2m copies sold free to play no subs ghost town server?
#30schmarkenheimerPosted 11/23/2012 1:52:02 AM
Wait wait wait, xfire is still going?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12