The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Pandaria?

#1SakumPosted 11/22/2012 9:24:39 PM
My game time ran out right before it came out, and I've kind of decided to not play since I've been busy, but how are the raids shaping up? Has everything been cleared by the top guilds yet? How does it compare to Cataclysm?
---
what is a twink because when i searched on google... bad things happened- richard733
#2KnavePosted 11/22/2012 9:30:00 PM
IMO...

Like the raids so far better than Cataclysm, but that may be because Deathwing was so awful that just about anything feels super great by comparison.

Questing is better than in Cataclysm IMO, but the dungeons while leveling are alot worse. I find the dungeons to be a bit ho-hum compared to Cataclysm dungeons, and they're not really very good for gaining exp.
#3MegawizardPosted 11/22/2012 10:09:10 PM
Knave posted...
Questing is better than in Cataclysm IMO, but the dungeons while leveling are alot worse. I find the dungeons to be a bit ho-hum compared to Cataclysm dungeons, and they're not really very good for gaining exp.

I'm semi-reversed there. I like the dungeons, but I agree they kinda suck for XP, and several of them are quite short by design. On the plus side when it's time for heroics it's fairly easy to blast through them as long as someone in the group doesn't have their undies in a bunch and starts complaining about anything they can.

I do like the quests as well, but I feel some of the lines can start to drag at times. In Kun-Lai I couldn't believe how long the Grummle quests were lasting, for example. I'd finish one and get another three to do from the same guy (which actually seems to be a recurring theme this expansion, or at least it appeared that way a lot to me).
---
^( ' ' )^
#4TloyaPosted 11/22/2012 10:16:35 PM
I like it a lot, generally.

If you are worried about raids and only raids, they have been pretty well received. Everything has been cleared on heroic except Sha of Fear (the final boss of the final raid of the tier) as of yesterday morning by the top guilds, but it's still only a couple dozen guilds worldwide that are deep into the heroics at this point.

If you are worried about raids and only raids you might be aggravated to learn that currently valor point gear is tied to faction reputation, which can only be increased by doing daily quests (no dungeon tabards)--although in 5.1 it will be possible to use VP to upgrade pieces of gear.

If you are worried PvP... there's good and bad. Cross-realm zones and lots of dailies have brought back world PvP in a good way, PvP power has put an end to the issue of PvE gear being good in PvP once and for all, and PvP itself is very fast-paced. The bad is that balance isn't the best this season. Warriors and BM hunters sort of faceroll over everything else, rogues took the nerfbat hard in the face.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#5AmakusaPosted 11/22/2012 10:41:28 PM
That Grummle questline is horrible; the only thing good about it is you get a 24 slot bag in the middle of it.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#6Sakum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:12:03 PM
So that's good, the raids seem quite difficult then (I like the sense of epicness associated with downing a difficult foe). I am concerned about both PvE and PvP since I did both. I also see there is a 10 day free trial, thinking of checking that out after finals.

Are challenge modes hard? Harder than the raids? Has anyone cleared them on gold yet?
---
what is a twink because when i searched on google... bad things happened- richard733
#7AmakusaPosted 11/23/2012 7:57:02 PM
Sakum posted...
Are challenge modes hard? Harder than the raids? Has anyone cleared them on gold yet?

I've done about half of them. They aren't kidding when they said they were hard.

And yes, people have cleared them on Gold.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#8Sakum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 9:51:13 PM
Man that must be epic... the thing I want to do the most when I come back is clear Scholomance on gold mode (is that a mode? Or is it just how fast you beat the place?). I love that place.
---
#9Coop14Posted 11/23/2012 9:59:36 PM(edited)
Pandaria so far, is holding its own VERY nicely compared to Cataclysm.

In 6 months, that's when we would get a better idea.

But so far for me Pandaria = Outlands with Pandaria a bit higher just because of all the things I can actually do in the world comparably.
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#10Little ZardarPosted 11/23/2012 10:08:34 PM
going back to challenge modes since I've been doing them... they are hard in the sense that everything hits harder and you have to cheese some areas by using invis pots, you also can't f*** up once or you lose gold.
there's no additional mechanics in challenge mode, it's just a race to the finish line with mobs on roids

but yeah, most of the players who have cleared them on gold are in progressed heroic raiding guilds, just to give you an idea on how difficult they are. gold really does only cater to like .1% of the playerbase
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.