This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does every guild use the word "exceptional"

#1Devon32Posted 11/23/2012 10:40:48 AM
Why oh why :(

"<x guild> 4/6N MSV 1/6N HoF is looking for an exceptional and skilled DPS and healer for our core team. PST for more info."

1. If a player was really exceptional he would join a guild with atleast 2/6H or something
2. If he was that skilled he wouldn't be in a guild that didn't even clear normal MSV, how long has MSV been out now?
3. On let's say top 2-3 progression servers have atleast around 50-60 guilds or more that have cleared 1/6H or better

BlogFAQs, but I think it's funny some people obviously have no idea of the definition of exceptional and skilled.
---
PSN: Devon32
Owner of: PSP, PS3 & NDS.
#2KokeiiPosted 11/23/2012 11:36:16 AM
On the contrary, they DO know the meaning of the word "exceptional" and that's why they WANT that type of player to join their guild. Your argument is that an exceptional player would NOT join, which is a fair assumption. But that doesn't mean the guild wouldn't want an exceptional player to join their ranks.
#3Devon32(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:03:16 PM
Ok, look it at this way a computer technician with 10 years of experience and is looking for a company with a good envirement and that has a spot equal to his exceptional experience.

A small hospital offers you a job, you are getting not paid as you should and the work you are doing for that hospital is way below your level and way to easy what you have studied and worked for these past 10 years.
---
#4KokeiiPosted 11/23/2012 1:12:01 PM
You are confusing two separate issues: One is why a guild wants exceptional players. The second is why would an exceptional player join a mediocre guild. In your OP you talk about the first point, in your subsequent post you talk about the second. So, which is?
#5ElaeusPosted 11/23/2012 1:28:18 PM
They can request for whoever they want, TC. Whether "exceptional" will join them or not is a different story and that does not make their request any invalid.

Also you do realize that exceptional to this guild's standards might be not exactly the same exceptional to my guild's standard for example (5/16 hc with all normals cleared as of yesterday)? Perhaps their standard to exceptional is lower and that will lead them ot have players good enough for them which will improve the roster as a whole and awill eventually improve the guild as a whole due to numbers rising and whole guild playing on a different scale.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#6Lightning BoltPosted 11/23/2012 1:55:28 PM
1. If a player was really exceptional he would join a guild with atleast 2/6H or something

Depends on the server. My guild is the top horde guild on the server and we haven't even finished all of normal mode since we can't find the last two stable, skilled deepsers we need.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7dakotah1978Posted 11/23/2012 3:02:18 PM
Devon32 posted...
Ok, look it at this way a computer technician with 10 years of experience and is looking for a company with a good envirement and that has a spot equal to his exceptional experience.

A small hospital offers you a job, you are getting not paid as you should and the work you are doing for that hospital is way below your level and way to easy what you have studied and worked for these past 10 years.

Is English your second language?
---
"This is a quote wherein someone self owned." -Someone
#8Egxamer1Posted 11/23/2012 3:31:25 PM
I know im exceptional, my mom tells me everyday when she makes me pancakes before my dailies.
---
Don't even try. You got roasted, just take it like a man. -Lightning Bolt
#9Devon32(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:42:44 PM
dakotah1978 posted...
Devon32 posted...

Is English your second language?

Yes, I play on EU servers, if my English is bad I apologize :P
---
#10LostoutPosted 11/23/2012 5:36:40 PM
As has already been pointed out definitions of exceptional are relative, to one guild an exceptional player may just be one that can perform within 15% of their max DPS for their ilv for example. You don't know how they define exceptional, it is weird that everyone uses the exact word exceptional though being that it's so vague.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.