This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember that time Blizzard only put one 463 tanking helmet in the game?

#1JohnnyShred612Posted 11/23/2012 9:47:09 AM
And gave it a stupidly low drop rate off of a boss that's already 10-ish minutes into Scarlet Monastery, and the only alternative is to hit revered with Golden Lotus and THEN hit revered with Shado-Pan, or just deal with your scrub helm until you can try to get the LFR Garalon helm?

Also remember when they only put one tanking 463 1h weapon in the game? But at least that has an acceptable drop rate and it's about 30 seconds into the Brewery...
---
IF YOU SEND ME TWENTY DOLLARS THROUGH PAYPAL, I'LL MAKE SURE THE SIM GETS OFF THE GROUND SOMETIME IN THE NEXT THREE YEARS.
#2DawnshadowPosted 11/23/2012 10:13:49 AM
I saw three of them drop trying to get the tanking sword off the last boss of SM. I'm actually using one of the two I won in my DPS spec because every time a DPS helm drops there's a DPS in the group who needs it, and I'm not a jerk.

Now, winning that sword, that was hard.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#3Breaker BladePosted 11/23/2012 10:19:24 AM
JohnnyShred612 posted...
Also remember when they only put one tanking 463 1h weapon in the game? But at least that has an acceptable drop rate and it's about 30 seconds into the Brewery...

Still kinda sucks that there is just the one - I've seen more tanks drop group after this boss than any other when their weapon doesn't drop.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, LoL, Dark Souls, Diablo III
Currently watching: Game of Thrones, Louie, Breaking Bad
#4Forte612Posted 11/23/2012 10:19:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there about five 2H equivalents with a couple minor stat differences?
---
-JohnnyShred612
#5DawnshadowPosted 11/23/2012 10:40:02 AM
Forte612 posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there about five 2H equivalents with a couple minor stat differences?

You are right in that there are other 2h weapons with the same strength and weapon DPS; for other DPS, it's more personal choice. But the "minor" stat differences are what makes the weapon from SM the blood DK weapon of choice. It's the only one with mastery combined with another useful stat. It even beats the LFR weapons-- you have to hit normal mode raiding to upgrade it.

An ideal blood DK weapon is always mastery/hit or mastery/expertise, with mastery/anything else as a second choice and hit/expertise as a distant third, because of how good mastery is for us. A stat pairing like hit/crit, or a weapon like Gurth that has no secondary stats at all, is only good if it's a big item level upgrade under normal circumstances. (An exception would be something like Ultraixion-- he did mostly magic damage and had a tight enrage, so DK tanks would often take up a Gurth with Fallen Crusader and use DPS gear.)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#6aLINKinthechainPosted 11/23/2012 10:47:49 AM
Dawnshadow posted...
Forte612 posted...

You are right in that there are other 2h weapons with the same strength and weapon DPS; for other DPS, it's more personal choice. But the "minor" stat differences are what makes the weapon from SM the blood DK weapon of choice. It's the only one with mastery combined with another useful stat. It even beats the LFR weapons-- you have to hit normal mode raiding to upgrade it.

An ideal blood DK weapon is always mastery/hit or mastery/expertise, with mastery/anything else as a second choice and hit/expertise as a distant third, because of how good mastery is for us. A stat pairing like hit/crit, or a weapon like Gurth that has no secondary stats at all, is only good if it's a big item level upgrade under normal circumstances. (An exception would be something like Ultraixion-- he did mostly magic damage and had a tight enrage, so DK tanks would often take up a Gurth with Fallen Crusader and use DPS gear.)

I feel your pain, I had to spec. q for 2 weeks on top of randoms to get my lightbreaker. To add to the above, that 2h is the only properly itemized 2h all the way up to shin'ka from sha of fear. There is a 2h mace from scarlet halls, but it has haste/mast.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.