This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This makes me wonder why WoW looks bad still

#1KeyeszxPosted 11/24/2012 10:06:15 PM
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/f/i/first_keeper/Beauty_shot_Sylvanas.jpg

Same character in WoW is 1k less tris and 512x512 textures. It's not like it would be a huge thing to add 1k tris to some character and maybe some detail. Hell, even Aion had a graphic overhaul which I believe to be better textures and a change in the lighting system.

This picture is 6.5k tris and 1024x1024

I'm not sure if the tris include the stand though. It might since that base's wireframe looks like it's got quite some detail in it.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2012 11:33:20 PM
Because Blizzard never heard of a high res texture off switch and would think it would crush it's player market by making the game unplayable with Wal-Mart PCs
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#3Little ZardarPosted 11/24/2012 11:47:35 PM
one of the reasons ffxiv failed was because its system requirements were too high ('_')
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#4Melted_ButterPosted 11/25/2012 12:12:29 AM
Question:

Person who can barely run WoW on medium settings, but has been playing for years, subscribes to the annual pass. He generally enjoys WoW and raids with some RL friends in a casual guild, and just plays for fun.

6 months later, Blizzard releases a major patch with high-res textures and good graphics.
Person can no longer play due to the system requirements.

Person still has 6 months on his annual pass, this has to keep paying for a game he can't play.

What happens?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#5Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:23:27 AM
Melted_Butter posted...
Question:

Person who can barely run WoW on medium settings, but has been playing for years, subscribes to the annual pass. He generally enjoys WoW and raids with some RL friends in a casual guild, and just plays for fun.

6 months later, Blizzard releases a major patch with high-res textures and good graphics.

Person still has 6 months on his annual pass, this has to keep paying for a game he can't play.

What happens?

This is what happens
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Because Blizzard never heard of a high res texture off switch and would think it would crush it's player market by making the game unplayable with Wal-Mart PCs

Seriously, people think having good graphics would destroy the player base. It would only increase it. There's a reason computers are so much better than consoles. A wide range of players can play because they can change the settings. Consoles your game lags from graphics then it lags. But PC you can either upgrade or lower the settings.

They just need to include an option with higher res textures and higher poly counts, although really it's not a huge difference. There is no excuse for WoW to not look as good as that. I've seen people mistake that picture for a 2D drawing.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#6CobraFuryPosted 11/25/2012 1:03:05 AM
ffxiv failing had nothing to do with graphics lol, that game was garbage
---
"Grinding without looking is not recommended. I tried it once and realized I was all up on some guy on the dance floor." -lufia22
#7The Steel PhantomPosted 11/25/2012 3:24:55 AM
Question:

What happens?

You have a "I'm playing on my grandmother's computer and can't run s*** this high" button so those players can turn the high-res stuff off, and let those of us living in the 21st century enjoy the graphics.
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~
#8TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/25/2012 4:15:52 AM
The Steel Phantom posted...
Question:

What happens?

You have a "I'm playing on my grandmother's computer and can't run s*** this high" button so those players can turn the high-res stuff off, and let those of us living in the 21st century enjoy the graphics.

I totally agree, considering I am having a new computer shipped to me as we speak, BUT...

Right now it is NOT unusual for most people who graduated college in the last 4 years to be unemployed. There are a lot of people who have essentially been living with their parents and depending on their parents for all their needs financially since this game has come out.

I think it was something like 56% of people who graduated in the last 4 years are still unemployed. This represents a huge amount of the people who play WoW. Many of them CAN'T get a new computer.

But really this is a moot point, blizzard can easily have a check box option at the start, "High res textures". This has been done before in MORE graphically intense games, and it will easily be done here too.
---
I don't always Sublime Archangle and Silverblade Paladin, but when I do, I win on the fourth turn.
#9The Steel PhantomPosted 11/25/2012 5:01:36 AM
I don't like your name. It's too much like mine. But less cool.
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~
#10LORDDRAGON1995Posted 11/25/2012 5:32:06 AM
Do graphics even matter after the point that u don't get confused?
---
Scientia, Honor et Veritas