This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you like this idea: "boss rush" instance.

#1Sephiroth C RyuPosted 11/26/2012 1:06:06 AM
Basically, any given expansion would be represented by one instance of the type.

Specifically though, only the last boss of each major raid would be as an actual boss (balanced for max level 5-mans a bit on the harder side). Other bosses would be represented in trash form. The level setup would be essentially a "themed corridor," which is made to have the basic style of the raid being experienced.

So for instance, for the one that represents vanilla raids, you would have the molten core bosses set up health and damage-wise as trash, such that a particularly good group could do 2 or 3 of them at once. Ragnaros would then be the first boss of the instance.

These instances would not drop conventional gear from the main bosses. Instead, they would drop more unusual things. For instance, having a low chance to drop an heirloom piece of gear, or a mount/pet, or a useable item like the ones that seem all the rage with Pandaria quests and rares. And more commonly having an item that, say, when used grants some bonus valor points to the user, or reputation of a faction from that expansion's era. Or sometimes perhaps a "replica" weapon for transmog sake. The trash would have the usual trash loot tables, so you could find random greens and such from them.

Just something I was thinking about earlier that could be cool (never mind the fact that it ain't happening unless someone at Blizzard comes up with a similar idea).

As for the lore excuse for having it, well, maybe that time faction or whatever it is that is taking over for the aspects of time could be setting it up as a training exercise for future heroes or something. If they really needed an excuse anyway.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#2malignantmousePosted 11/26/2012 1:43:19 AM
Sounds good.
---
LOL
#3Sephiroth C Ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 5:00:14 PM
Seems like in 5.1 they have made it a bit less cumbersome to see the old raid content. Though I still think a boss-rush sort of thing would be cool.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#4Rama_IIIPosted 11/27/2012 8:51:38 PM
C'thun is still unsolo'able unless you do some kind of rogue or warrior trick :(
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#5hurtloidePosted 11/27/2012 9:03:57 PM
I think this would be a great idea, especially if they include the mechanics
#6B1g_ClownPosted 11/27/2012 9:11:11 PM
Good idea. And good suggestions are extremely rare to come by on gamefaqs lol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y