This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ok honestly

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

2 years ago#1
out of everyone playing wow..how many do you think know the lore/story? how many played warcraft 1 all the way to WoW?I'm proud to say I have..I experienced it all
2 years ago#2
Well, WC3 sold about 3 million units. Warcraft has around 10 million subs. WC3 sold more than WC1 and 2 (and let's be honest, neither were really very good) so there's at least 7 million players who haven't played the RTS games. Probably more, assuming that many of the RTS players haven't played, or used to play and cancelled, the MMO.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
2 years ago#3
While that's true, knowing the lore and playing the first 3 games aren't mutually inclusive. A lot of people played WC3, but even if you started with WoW it's still easy enough to get all of the lore on the game.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
2 years ago#4
I played Orcs & Human, and WCIII with its xpac in the past and WoW since late 2005. I didn't sadly play WCII and therefore I am a bit weak on Second War lore. I would've loved to expand more on characters like Turalyon, Alleriya and Trollbane though hence "sadly".
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
2 years ago#5
I started with Warcraft II Tides of Darkness though I later bought Orcs & Humans which was almost unplayable by comparison. I got into WC3 after playing WoW though.
2 years ago#6
out of everyone that plays wow, how many actually care about the garbage junior high written "lore"? Not I!
---
Bush is my homeboy.
2 years ago#7
BIMHB posted...
out of everyone that plays wow, how many actually care about the garbage junior high written "lore"? Not I!

^
And this is how those who didn't play the older games or learn the lore react
---
2 years ago#8
Even when i played start of TBC, i often was explaining "story" behind iconic places, like stratholme stromgarde and such, to people i was partying up with. So i would think even back then there were a lot of clueless people. Even more now, i bet...
2 years ago#9
vahndragonwing posted...
BIMHB posted...

^

im so sorry I dont appreciate twilight level writing. SO UNCULTURED.
---
Bush is my homeboy.
2 years ago#10
BIMHB posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
BIMHB posted...

^

im so sorry I dont appreciate twilight level writing. SO UNCULTURED.

teehee
---

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived