This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is how dailies should be done.

#1Right_Chus_1Posted 11/27/2012 11:54:06 AM(edited)
You walk up to a farm and its on fire, farmer joe needs your help to kill the bad guys who lit the farm on fire, help putting the fires out and help doing a few more things. Grats, you did your dailys. The next day you go to the farm and he has more tasks to help insure the safety of the farm. Gathering wood for a fence or whatever. Every day you help him do things that basically turned a crappy old on fire farm to a fortress that is now safe from enemy attacks after how ever much time..10-15 days or whatever.

So you are doing dailies but they are different every day. They have the phase technology to do it easily. Set this system up in 4 or 5 different hubs and you have non repetitive dailies that you see progress from every day and that in itself makes it become more enjoyable.

The only problem would be grouping through phases but really i think the people who solo dailies far outweigh the people who find groups for them.

A farm on fire is obviously just an example, there are thousands of original ideas that could be used.
#2SirGizmoPosted 11/27/2012 12:04:05 PM
So you mean like Molten Front, where the dailies involved you slowly building up an offensive and expanding more and more into the daily area?

They should have went with that format again, instead they used a weird bastardized version where you have to earn a certain amount of reputation with one faction to unlock more.
---
"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.
#3ZombieAkanePosted 11/27/2012 12:09:23 PM
You mean like Guild Wars 2?
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#4TheAncientMonkPosted 11/27/2012 12:10:02 PM
ZombieAkane posted...

This.
#5Right_Chus_1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:11:04 PM
Is it, i dont know. Never played GW2..If thats how its done than i like it. It wasnt meant to be a GW2 vs WoW jab.
#6angrywalrus13Posted 11/27/2012 12:12:51 PM
Honestly, even if it's the same exact quests every day, having different text/dialogue that shows some kind of progressed story would be better for me. The phasing involving more real progression would be poifect, but I think using daily quests as storytelling devices is something that's largely untapped, particularly for stories that update every day instead of at different rep level benchmarks.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7xVSaNxPosted 11/27/2012 12:22:02 PM
it sounds like he copied a paragraph off guildwars2.com actually cause i remember reading something like that about dynamic events

either way i agree, not just the same quests each day with dumb pandas running into the same very small arrow field nearly every single day, and then the next day them acknowledging that i did something, like gw2's

i'm not trolling just wow's methods are outdated
#8Right_Chus_1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:22:50 PM
xVSaNx posted...
it sounds like he copied a paragraph off guildwars2.com actually cause i remember reading something like that about dynamic events

either way i agree, not just the same quests each day with dumb pandas running into the same very small arrow field nearly every single day, and then the next day them acknowledging that i did something, like gw2's

i'm not trolling just wow's methods are outdated

lol, i didnt.
#9ArjuntaPosted 11/27/2012 12:30:35 PM
This is exactly what they did with Cata, so forget this GW2 crap. Every topic doesn't have to turn into GW2 vs WoW.
---
The King of Mediocrity
#10Ness0123456789Posted 11/27/2012 1:33:20 PM
ZombieAkane posted...

This.

It's actually a daily set idea that's closer to the Hytbold Dailies in Lotro than GW2's Dynamic Events.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI