This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So yeah it's been 8 years

#1XtraTPosted 11/27/2012 12:23:56 PM
8 years ago I was 17, schooling it up, started working to buy myself that new ipod and other teenage stuff. I was also PC gaming with my friends, mainly WC3 and FPSs.

Then came out WoW, my bff was psyched for it. I wasn't really. He bought 2 copies by accident, so I decided to play with him. He made a mage, I made a warrior. The strat was for him to cast frost armor and wreck stuff up. Unfortunately it wasn't like in WC3.

My warrior died a lot to murlocs. Almost made me quit. I rerolled paladin and buy was it better. A warrior with heals I was. Made a lot of money with mining, got enough to buy me and my friend's lvl 40 mount.

We leveled, it took forever to reach cap. At cap we pvp'd mainly, got a reputation for owning everyone in front of Ironforge as a Reckoning spec'd pally. I picked up engineering after watching Jamaz and Zalgradis PvP videos. It was awesome.

After reaching rank 10 by myself, I felt burned out. In BGs I wasn't really useful when I queued solo. I rerolled priest, got him to 60 in 3 days /played using Joana's leveling guide. Since I made the smart idea of being Dwarf, I was able to kill Ragnaros at lvl 59 because guild fought for Fear Ward.

Being vocal, my priest quickly became noticed. With really good raiding gear I melted faces in PvP. Shadow was the best 1v1 pvp spec in the game and an AoE fear was amazing in BGs. Enhance shamans owned me though.

I grinded Grand Marshal during the summer, like 10 months after release. Dumb idea. Although I played with cool people, and even my first webcam show from a night elf druid that ran flags for my WSG group, it was stressful.

Thank you WoW.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#2Glockass1Posted 11/27/2012 12:33:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3shabbydragonPosted 11/27/2012 12:35:59 PM
Glockass1 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

---
IGN: Thirdeyeninja
#4ElaeusPosted 11/27/2012 1:22:17 PM(edited)
That was a really good read, TC.

First time I heard of WoW was at its beta release since I played the Warcraft series in the past. It did not even occur to me to try it out. That was until I had some personal issues in college around Christmas 2005 and I decided to start either late that year or early the next year, but it was at max Jan 2006. I was 22 at the time, in graduation year, torn and broken.

So I had a break- or well, I took a break till the end of Jan 2006 and was in a REAL need for a distraction. I honestly don't know what brought WoW to my mind after about a year and a half of very minimal thinking about the game. I mean, I am a gamer, always have been on PC and various consoles that I owned. Heh, I was different (or that's what I wanted myself to think) from the other girls and I more hooked to video games at the time perhaps. So hey, I found myself picking up WoW and at that same night starting my human (male!) paladin.

I was amazed and all engaged into the world I found myself into. It was something I really needed. I finally found myself a real distraction from all the crap that I have been through since the previous summer. I remember just walking long long times in Westfall, Duskwood, everywhere! I took every quest I ran into, even if it awarded grey levels of XP. I absolutely spent the entire time on this paladin JUST wandering about and getting into my own adventure.

I played ALOT, I was able to reach lv60 in 4 months eventually as I got back to college and spent my days in college, attending and seeing friends and most of the time in the evening playing WoW when I had nothing to work as homework on. I remember reaching the final level capping the towers in Eastern Plaguelands after a real long grind that preceded.

I ended up rolling a female night elf hunter afterwards, and my most esteemed accomplishment in classic WoW was getting the Corporal title in the old PvP system. It was nothing compared to what others had but damn right it felt awesome. For the risk of making this longer than it already is I am not going to get into more details on this character, but suffice to say WoW had a great impact on my life and it DID made everything better at a point I needed it to be. Everything afterwards just turned out to be better in my life, as I graduated, got a job and started a family, then 3 years ago I finally realized my dream in doing what I really wanted to do: Teaching.

Thank you WoW.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#5XtraT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dCAqTXJ6MI
---
#6Glockass1Posted 11/27/2012 1:09:43 PM
Elaeus posted...
That was a really good read, TC.

Thank you WoW.

I'm glad at least someone succeeded in getting the job he wanted. Meanwhile, I'm stuck studying Civil Engineering even though that's not what I want to do. I HAVE to study Engineering because I won't be able to work as anything other than a Doctor/Lawyer/Engineer in this *****ole called Greece.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#7SirGizmoPosted 11/27/2012 1:12:49 PM
I care, XtraT has been posting here for a monstrous amount of time. Sure, he trolls the **** out of kids sometimes, but he's a good dude.
---
"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.
#8XtraT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 9:25:27 PM
i agree
---
#9ShadowEdgeXPosted 11/27/2012 10:16:30 PM
XtraT posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dCAqTXJ6MI

/tipofthehat
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#10ArtosRCPosted 11/27/2012 10:28:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/zerominus/WoW/welcomebear.jpg