This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were trainers changed?

#1toddx77Posted 11/28/2012 7:02:19 AM
I recently started my account back up again and when I have gone to my trainers for my paladin and hunter I don't even have the option to learn anything even after leveling up. I only have the option to re spec. However on my mage though I was able to learn some new skills but she is a really low level. Was something changed or am I missing something?
#2HakPosted 11/28/2012 7:27:59 AM
You learn new spells automatically when you level, and there's no spell level any more either. No idea why your Mage was able to learn from the trainer though.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3MegawizardPosted 11/28/2012 8:21:09 AM
Hak posted...
No idea why your Mage was able to learn from the trainer though.

It's possible that they were missing spells that were never bought previously. I doubt Blizz coded a catch-all for every time someone logs in to make sure they have everything.
---
^( ' ' )^
#4angrywalrus13Posted 11/28/2012 8:32:49 AM(edited)
I doubt Blizz coded a catch-all for every time someone logs in to make sure they have everything.

That's exactly what they did, and it's not exactly surprising. Everyone plays the same version of the game, so each character they have would have to be on the same page as other characters of the same class and level.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5mrhighlife83Posted 11/28/2012 9:06:03 AM
Maybe he learned some portal spells? At the very least, the portal to the shrine was not just given to me when my mage dinged 90. I can't say whether lower level portals are automagically learned or if you have to make the trip to a portal trainer, though.
#6toddx77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 10:14:31 AM
So your characters are like pokemon in a way now and trainers are just for re specing?
#7angrywalrus13Posted 11/28/2012 1:43:14 PM
toddx77 posted...
So your characters are like pokemon in a way now and trainers are just for re specing?

Yep!
---
Thomx
like tommicks