This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So we know which is the best MMO of all time but which is the worst?

#1juzziebPosted 11/30/2012 7:08:29 PM
Which is the worst MMO of all time? - Results (191 votes)
World Of Warcraft
26.7% (51 votes)
Planetside 2
6.28% (12 votes)
Diablo 3 (Since people will rage if this isn't on the list even though it's not an MMO)
24.08% (46 votes)
Age Of Conan
20.94% (40 votes)
Hello Kitty Online
21.99% (42 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Well we know DAOC is far and away the best MMO of all time but since the genre has been populated by millions of casuals we now have quite a variety of terrible MMOs. But which one is the worst?
#2MegawizardPosted 11/30/2012 7:13:09 PM
This has to be the worst selection of options in ever. I pick Aion.
---
^( ' ' )^
#3sonicpNiNe9Posted 11/30/2012 7:16:02 PM
I agree, considering half of those aren't real MMO's. What happened to DCUO? EQ(2)? Vanguard? EVE? LOTRO? DDO? those are just a few I may add.
---
growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
#4BortacusPosted 11/30/2012 7:16:27 PM
Evony is noticeably absent from the list
#5juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:17:21 PM
sonicpNiNe9 posted...
I agree, considering half of those aren't real MMO's. What happened to DCUO? EQ(2)? Vanguard? EVE? LOTRO? DDO? those are just a few I may add.

DCUO should be on the list... but not the others.
#6juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:17:39 PM
Bortacus posted...
Evony is noticeably absent from the list

Never heard of it.
#7XiocamiePosted 11/30/2012 7:17:56 PM
Well, someone actually can tell you the worst MMO of all time as I'm sure sales figures / popularity / etc have all been posted publicly and an offiical "worst" MMO has been figured out by looking over those numbers (Now I'm curious to what it is, actually...someone go google it.) Aion, for example (since someone mentioned it) is not going to be it, since it has had relatively decent sales results, though someone could personally think of it as the worst MMO for themselves.

However the worst MMO that * I * have personally played was....hell I don't even remember the name, I was in some space ship (though I did make an actual player character) and I shot at a rock or something and it was the most boring thing I've ever experienced. Uninstalled faster than the speed of BORED.
#8RevoredoPosted 11/30/2012 8:09:35 PM
The worst MMO of all time? Propably one of the hundreds that spawned in that craze a few years back. Every single gaming-related site I browsed (along TVTropes and some others) would had two or three ads in each page with messages as "THE MOST BATTLE IS START CLICK TO JOINT", "CUTE JAPANESE GIRLS BATTLING JOIN FOR FUN" and "JOIN THE MOST EPIC JOURNEY, PLANET OF BATTLECRAFT".

Now I only played three MMOGs, being Gunbound, Ragnarok (quit those two long ago), and WoW (playing currently), and I guess the most boring of the three was Ragnarok, though I heard that Gunbound is pretty much a putrid carcass being ravaged by worms and pay-to-win now.
---
Playing now: Final Fantasy XIII
Not a bad game, really.
#9juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:10:23 PM
Xiocamie posted...
However the worst MMO that * I * have personally played was....hell I don't even remember the name, I was in some space ship (though I did make an actual player character) and I shot at a rock or something and it was the most boring thing I've ever experienced. Uninstalled faster than the speed of BORED.

Oh so you're a casual, (That game is EVE) that's why I voted WoW, while it isn't close to the worst MMO ever... it has had the worst influence on any MMO, millions of MMO gamers swallowing up a simplified MMO means every other MMO company is gonna copy it... WoW isn't a bad game but it's not the best ever like people say and every game after it that has tried to copy but a small handful have just been awful clones. While having a one simplified MMO on the market for a bit of actiony combat is pretty cool... having 5 million copies of the same game and very few complex MMO's that aren't way outdated is absolutely retarded.
#10juzzieb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:12:30 PM
Revoredo posted...
The worst MMO of all time? Propably one of the hundreds that spawned in that craze a few years back. Every single gaming-related site I browsed (along TVTropes and some others) would had two or three ads in each page with messages as "THE MOST BATTLE IS START CLICK TO JOINT", "CUTE JAPANESE GIRLS BATTLING JOIN FOR FUN" and "JOIN THE MOST EPIC JOURNEY, PLANET OF BATTLECRAFT".

Now I only played three MMOGs, being Gunbound, Ragnarok (quit those two long ago), and WoW (playing currently), and I guess the most boring of the three was Ragnarok, though I heard that Gunbound is pretty much a putrid carcass being ravaged by worms and pay-to-win now.

To me, a terrible MMO that sells 100 boxes and gets forgotten about completely is nowhere near as bad as a game that changed the genre forever, in a bad way.