This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

While BC was my favorite expansion...

#1gamesNrosesPosted 12/1/2012 5:05:34 AM(edited)
...it introduced three things which I think have contributed largely to this game's decline: flying, blood elves, and dailies.

Talk.
#2Little ZardarPosted 12/1/2012 5:04:47 AM
How do you feel about a flying blood elves daily?
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#3gamesNroses(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:06:42 AM
Little Zardar posted...

Yes
#4jowephocksPosted 12/1/2012 7:44:02 AM(edited)
I completely understand the changes since TBC, but I do miss the community.

Trade Chat trolls were fun, making set groups to run heroics, being able to do Karazahn with not so serious about raiding friends and still progressing your characters.

Proper gating (running normals rep grind to do heroic and having the necessary gear and experience as a result) though they got a bit carried away with Attunements for raids being Inter-tier.

Whole experience felt progressive rather than tedious. You were certainly rewarded based on time played and having positive social interactions.

I might be alone on my last point, but achievements and T9+ model for "hard modes" shifted the raiding scene irrevocably to the horribleness it is today.
#5ryanell666Posted 12/1/2012 9:22:35 AM
jowephocks posted...

Trade Chat trolls were fun, making set groups to run heroics, being able to do Karazahn with not so serious about raiding friends and still progressing your characters.

Proper gating (running normals rep grind to do heroic and having the necessary gear and experience as a result) though they got a bit carried away with Attunements for raids being Inter-tier.

Whole experience felt progressive rather than tedious. You were certainly rewarded based on time played and having positive social interactions.

I might be alone on my last point, but achievements and T9+ model for "hard modes" shifted the raiding scene irrevocably to the horribleness it is today.

No..you aren't alone. It's just the majority of players that have thought like you have been pushed away by lesser players that don't understand that "THIS is how MMORPGs are to be designed and played!". Then they spend their time blackmailing Blizzard with their subscription to make changes so they can play on the same level as those who can really play this game.
#6gamesNroses(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:33:04 AM
jowephocks posted...

I was referring more to season 3 pvp but yeah that too I guess.
#7ArcticLichPosted 12/1/2012 10:23:19 AM
Little Zardar posted...

inb4ThatOneDailyInIsleOfQD