This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why has Blizzard advertised every expansion as "the best expansion yet"

#1HShadowPosted 12/1/2012 10:19:47 AM
Watch an advertisement for every expansion (BC --> Mists of Pandaria). Every single one claims it's the "best expansion yet" hahaha! I found this kind of funny.
---
Classic HShadow.
#2RomeoMinolaPosted 12/1/2012 10:21:23 AM
To be fair; it may well be the truth this time.
#3vahndragonwingPosted 12/1/2012 10:22:50 AM
HShadow posted...
Watch an advertisement for every expansion (BC --> Mists of Pandaria). Every single one claims it's the "best expansion yet" hahaha! I found this kind of funny.

The same reason everyone who ever comes out with an addition/sequel brands it as "The best yet!"

To get people to play

come on now
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#4CGoblinsPosted 12/1/2012 10:24:06 AM
HShadow posted...

Because people aren't smart and this is what advertisement knows sells things. It is pretty funny though.

Not to derail topic but I always found it funny if someone bought the PSP Go because it was essentially the same as the 3000, more expensive, and removed the ability to buy from anyone except Sony. It had a few small enhancements like size and weight but other than that nothing...

People still bought it because it was the new thing... Drove me nuts...
---
PSN: CGoblin
Playing: UO and M&M: World of Xeen
#5MrBigJohnsonPosted 12/1/2012 10:26:19 AM
Well from a non fanboy PoV, they're right. Each expansion adds more and more features to this game. Technically making it the best.
---
Even addiction has diminishing returns.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#6shinmirokuPosted 12/1/2012 10:32:30 AM
Of course they will say that, they want you to buy it lol. It would be pretty funny though, hey guys, we kinda half assed this one, might want to save your money.
#7AceronPosted 12/1/2012 10:41:13 AM
Because, the devs like to think they're getting better at this the more they do it.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#8That_70s_showPosted 12/1/2012 10:56:22 AM
"This expansion isn't as fun as the last,but we promise you'll still have fun!

Buy it! Please!"

Not really as much, uh, oomph, right?
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/25jlh8p.gif
:)
#9MacrossSpecialPosted 12/1/2012 11:06:13 AM
Every expansion has been an improvement on the former. I think the problem is that people are tired of the grind of mmos.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#10ShadowEdgeXPosted 12/1/2012 11:16:02 AM
They're quoting reviews for each of the expansions, not just claiming it.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel