This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kick-Voting still rampant in WoW?

#1TheRaven1406Posted 12/4/2012 4:28:18 AM
I'm not playing atm, but I'm curious, do people still kick-vote all the time?

Some of the inane "reasons" I've seen for kicking in WoW:

- Kicking because a lower geared DPS did less than the others in gear 20 item levels higher
.- kicking because a group wanted to invite a guild member for the last boss
- kicking because you might roll on the same gear
- kicking because someone said "this is my first time in this instance"
- kicking because they simply don't ike you
- kicking for disconnect and not even waiting 1min for someone to come back
- kicking wordless, for no reason

The Vote Kick UI is poor as well, it's way to easy to just mindlessly click "yes"

I've played two other games with group finder in the mean time and I've seen ONE vote kick for reasons other than >5min AFK (and it didn't get through).
#2c0sa n0straPosted 12/4/2012 4:29:21 AM
I haven't experienced it at all.
#3HakPosted 12/4/2012 4:31:01 AM
Rarely see it to be honest. Think the only time I've seen it in recent times was a Hunter doing about 10k dps at level 90. Reason to kick was "Al'Akir idiot". Vote passed pretty much immediately. Nobody likes Al'akir-EU.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#4TheRaven1406(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 4:33:23 AM
Maybe I just had bad luck with groups. I wasn't kicked that often but I witnessed many unfair vote-kicks :-/ It had improved a bit since the group finder tried to put people from the same server in the group.
#5ToadstoolPeachPosted 12/4/2012 4:39:36 AM
The only kicks I've seen are for afk people, disconnects, and a few pranks.
#6monkeehandsPosted 12/4/2012 4:51:51 AM
Kick voting would involve remaining out of combat for several seconds. Given how rushy people are these days that doesn't happen too often
#7Aposter26Posted 12/4/2012 5:05:00 AM
I never see kicks for low DPS, even in raids. The only 2 I've seen recently is where a Balance Druid qued as a healer in Heart of Fear, and one for AFK half the raid. Other than that people are pretty tolerant of anything. At least on my realm.
#8Sellus GraviusPosted 12/4/2012 5:05:02 AM
I think they have either made it so that if you're in there as a group (like with friends) you can't vote kick without someone elses vote too, OR they made it so a vote kick requires 4 votes instead of 3. Because I've been doing dungeons with my 2 friends and in the past we could vote kick anyone because we had the majority, but now it rarely works.

Note: We only vote kick for good reason, like if someone is actually a total moron.
#9TloyaPosted 12/4/2012 5:12:18 AM
Actually.... I think I can honestly say that in my experience there are many fewer vote kicks now than there were during Catacylsm. First of all, as previously mentioned, changes have been made to the system so that groups of people who queued together have less power over a group and can't kick with impunity. Second, and I think more importantly, heroics are much easier than they were in Cataclysm. Back during Cata, especially in 4.0 and 4.1, heroics were much more unforgiving and players much more easily frustrated due to the wiping, so there was more of a hair trigger to boot someone who could potentially prevent the group from completing the dungeon quickly.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#10Lightning BoltPosted 12/4/2012 5:21:58 AM
I haven't been kicked or witness a kick other than for a long-term dc since MoP dropped.
And I totally deserve to get kicked too, considering I'm DPSing as Blood. I think people have learned to not give a damn about easy content.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev