This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kick-Voting still rampant in WoW?

#11ElaeusPosted 12/4/2012 4:27:37 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
I haven't been kicked or witness a kick other than for a long-term dc since MoP dropped.

Honestly this is my experience in MoP as well; people are generally just rushing that nobody cares as long as you are not doing something outright stupid.

Hak posted...
Al'akir-EU.

True and sad, since Al'Akir used to be a really good realm when it first came live.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#12JiruruPosted 12/4/2012 5:10:23 AM
Hak posted...
Rarely see it to be honest. Think the only time I've seen it in recent times was a Hunter doing about 10k dps at level 90. Reason to kick was "Al'Akir idiot". Vote passed pretty much immediately. Nobody likes Al'akir-EU.

You can votekick based on server? I am so doing that whenever Aman'Thul (US/Oceanic) comes up.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#13redundanciesPosted 12/4/2012 5:17:00 AM
I haven't seen any LFD vote-kicks since Pandaria dropped, and the only LFR vote kicks were for people being complete idiots (like tanks not knowing boss mechanics that wipe us) or for people who were AFK for an extended period of time.
#14Supah_AxelPosted 12/4/2012 5:40:53 AM
The only kick I've seen this expansion so far is one I started and it was because the person dced.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
LoL ign: Bakabridget
#15CI254Posted 12/4/2012 5:54:30 AM
It's really bad in LFR. A single wipe and they'll look for any excuse to use it. In dungeons not so much.
---
{O,o}:O RLY?::::::::::{o,o}Shut the **** up.
/)__)::::::::::::::::::::::::::(__(\ SteamID: ci254 -Ci- Gaisuto
#16fan360Posted 12/4/2012 6:04:44 AM
If you wear blue/green gear in dungeons, you WILL be kicked.
#17MorgasaurusPosted 12/4/2012 7:22:21 AM
I pretty much never votekick people unless they disconnect or go AFK. I mostly heal, so even if people are terrible I can still sort of carry the group.

The other day I did BRM on the monk healer I'm leveling. The tank was pretty bad and used consecrate on the final boss. I tried to taunt the adds (and other DPS tried to peel them), but with him hammer/consecrating we couldn't get them off so he died and we wiped (in retrospect I should have just HoP'd him or something). Then he tried to votekick me according to my friend I was in Vent with. My friend obviously voted no, and another DPS voted no and said "heals is fine." Faith in humanity restored!

On the other hand about a week or two before MoP dropped I was leveling a hunter on a realm for which I had no heirlooms. I was in the upper 30's and rolled on an agility mail helm. I was told to "give mail to the tank" who had the heirloom helm. I linked the armor skill from my skill page in chat. They said "you're not level 40." Then I was votekicked essentially for rolling on agility mail as a hunter. I guess people STILL hate hunters.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#18Lightning BoltPosted 12/4/2012 7:42:51 AM
Morgasaurus posted...
I guess people STILL hate hunters.

Darn tootin.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#19RICKmT3Posted 12/4/2012 8:01:46 AM
I've seen an insane ammount of kicks myself. My friend was doing his first heroic, tank in raid gear pulled all trash before first boss and my friend only did 20 or 30k aoe dps, so they kicked him. The first week of mop i must of been kicked from every 2nd or 3rd heroic because tank or healer were plate too and my dk was needing on dps gear, never mind I was doing top dps by 5 - 6% they wanted that damn OS gear lol
#20vahndragonwingPosted 12/4/2012 8:07:56 AM
Morgasaurus posted...
I pretty much never votekick people unless they disconnect or go AFK. I mostly heal, so even if people are terrible I can still sort of carry the group.

The other day I did BRM on the monk healer I'm leveling. The tank was pretty bad and used consecrate on the final boss. I tried to taunt the adds (and other DPS tried to peel them), but with him hammer/consecrating we couldn't get them off so he died and we wiped (in retrospect I should have just HoP'd him or something). Then he tried to votekick me according to my friend I was in Vent with. My friend obviously voted no, and another DPS voted no and said "heals is fine." Faith in humanity restored!

On the other hand about a week or two before MoP dropped I was leveling a hunter on a realm for which I had no heirlooms. I was in the upper 30's and rolled on an agility mail helm. I was told to "give mail to the tank" who had the heirloom helm. I linked the armor skill from my skill page in chat. They said "you're not level 40." Then I was votekicked essentially for rolling on agility mail as a hunter. I guess people STILL hate hunters.

Soooo

BRM isn't a thing, unless you mean BRD, and the fact that the tank was doing his job and you were too busy trying to taunt off of him instead of heal him leads me to believe the kick was justified.

Consecrate is a threat generating ability and part of a tank's rotation for keeping AoE threat.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender