This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reason you have been kicked

#41DawnshadowPosted 12/4/2012 1:34:18 PM
I once got kicked in Wrath for being "undergeared" to tank a dungeon. (I had just rolled a death knight on a new server, just a few months before Cata, so most people were in ICC/frost emblem gear.) I was in mostly tier 9 and Frozen Halls normal gear; pretty much the best gear you could get before queuing for a proper heroic. Defense capped, way overgeared for the content... but I couldn't hold aggro because I was using a 219 weapon and not an ICC weapon, and I wasn't quite overgeared enough to chain pull the entire instance. (This was before the massive buff to tank threat, of course.) It would be too much to expect the DPS to not go full throttle, so I got kicked for being a "bad tank" because I literally could not produce enough aggro to keep up with the gear I had.

My disc priest also got kicked once for not healing, despite the fact that no one was dead and the health bars weren't moving. I was atonement healing, of course.

Not a kick I received, but on a related note I zoned into a Shado-Pan Monastery before the first boss recently and was thanked by the tank for not being in PVP gear. Apparently they'd kicked the previous healer for being in PVP gear, before they even attempted the first boss, simply because he was in PVP gear...

Those people are rather uninformed. First of all, PvP stats no longer count toward item level-- PvP gear just has a lower item level than equivalent tier PvE gear. Secondly, the basic crafted gear for everyone BUT plate tanks is the PvP set-- there is no 450 crafted PvE gear, because it would have the same stats as the PvP gear, just without the PvP power and resilience. Of course, I'm probably preaching to the choir....
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#42Skeletal_KingPosted 12/4/2012 1:41:08 PM
- Doing 0 DPS as heals.
- ...Doing 0 DPS as heals.
- For not doing DPS after the healer died and me picking up emergency heals (Priest)
- Topping the DPS charts as a Hunter multiple times. "noob hntr beat me dps kick him"
- Topping the DPS charts as a Ret pally "omfg that ****in noob beet me in DPS kick him"
- ...Topping the DPS charts as a Mage.
- Offering advice MULTIPLE TIMES.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#43PsoloquoisePosted 12/6/2012 1:44:44 AM
Just got kicked for not being the same server/guild as the 4 other people....

Keep up the good work Khaz ' Goroth people. One day you might break the 30k dps mark, but I doubt it.
#44bstbllPosted 12/6/2012 1:54:56 AM
I occasionally get kicked because I get bored healing Will in LFR so I do the dance every time the bosses hit 20 energy. Apparently they don't like my resto cat DPS.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#45BelialkkPosted 12/6/2012 5:23:06 AM(edited)
I once got kicked from a run of Scarlet Monastery on my shaman. There was myself, 3 people from the same guild on the Outland server, and someone from Wildhammer. Before we had even made our first pull, one of the Outland people goes "lol Nagrand healer" and kick me.

I got kicked because my server has a reputation of being rather crap. Woo.
---
SSF4AE Mains: Gen/Gouken
Xbox GT: WiveAdon
#46ss5joshuaPosted 12/6/2012 7:24:07 AM
bstbll posted...
I occasionally get kicked because I get bored healing Will in LFR so I do the dance every time the bosses hit 20 energy. Apparently they don't like my resto cat DPS.

Unless the group wipes, that doesn't even make sense... it's the last boss, and they can't kick you mid-combat.
---
Best Song Ever:
http://youtu.be/G-4u5L4um0c
#47MarndosPosted 12/6/2012 7:28:17 AM
I never get kicked due to my ability because I'm usually the best player in the group (honestly at this point it's more like exhausted confidence than unwarranted arrogance) but on occasion I've been known to trash-talk people in the group for being idiots. I like to play healers so I'll usually start insulting the tank if they pull mobs within 5 seconds of the instance starting without giving me a chance to change spec (cause everyone knows healers quest in healing spec mirite). So if I ever get kicked it's because of that.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#484sakuraHa0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:37:19 AM
Belialkk posted...
I once got kicked from a run of Scarlet Monastery on my shaman. There was myself, 3 people from the same guild on the Outland server, and someone from Wildhammer. Before we had even made our first pull, one of the Outland people goes "lol Nagrand healer" and kick me.

I got kicked because my server has a reputation of being rather crap. Woo.

Interesting.
I did not know people actually kick someone because the person play on crappy realm, without even see their performance.
When I am in a group, someone said "lol, player from <insert-crappy-realm-name-here>" but we never actually kicked the player.
Sometimes that player stay true to the realm reputation, but most of the time, that player proved the realm reputation to be wrong.

So, yeah, it's bad people, to judge player based on realm reputation.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#49NtheRiddlePosted 12/6/2012 7:41:40 AM
"Turn your pets taunt off"
"....ghouls don't taunt"
"Get rid of this idiot he doesn't even know his class"
".......seriously"

*you have be removed from the group*

This was around ZA/ZG heroic release...
---
.....umm .....yeah
"All the facts in the world don't change the fact that there are NO... MORE... TWINKIES!" - Foamy
#50MarndosPosted 12/6/2012 7:48:06 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
I did not know people actually kick someone because the person play on crappy realm, without even see their performance.

I see this happening all the time when there's a player from one of the Brazilian realms in the group. To be fair, it is rather freaky how consistently awful players from Goldrinn seem to be. I've seen Paladins tanking in cloth, Druids tanking in cat form, and other weird s*** from players on Goldrinn and the others. Oh and let's not forget their compulsive need to roll "Need" on every item they're given the option, whether they need it or not and often they play a class that has no business ever using the item (I've seen tons of Brazilian hunters rolling Need on tank rings).
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.