This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reason you have been kicked

#51MegawizardPosted 12/6/2012 9:05:33 AM
Every time except one is from my connection cutting out (for a couple months I'd get randomly disconnected somewhere between a 2 hour period later in the afternoon). The other one was where I finally got fed up of wiping in the dungeon I had been in at the time (I think it was regular Utgarde Keep), and I just REAMED the tank on it with how lousy he was keeping aggro (I was healing). This wasn't a case of the DPS just going balls-out, this was a case of attacking twice and pulling off the tank EVERY. SINGLE. PULL. I was even pulling off the tank with the sheer amount of required heals, which shouldn't have even been possible anymore (WotLK era). But yea, apparently I was vitriolic enough that even the DPS decided to kick me; heh.
---
^( ' ' )^
#52MarikhenPosted 12/6/2012 9:35:57 AM
Megawizard posted...
I was even pulling off the tank with the sheer amount of required heals, which shouldn't have even been possible anymore (WotLK era).

If you're saying it was possible then it wasn't, not in my experience. I healed a poor DK tank in 5-man ToC(h) who wasn't crit-capped, had 24k HP buffed, and was so ignorant about the game, and his class, that he thought that the Peacekeeper's Blade would be an upgrade to Garfrost's hammer until I told him that no, it wouldn't be. This was one of the few times when healing in Wrath my druid needed to actually use Tree of Life and work to heal instead of tossing out HoTs and DPS'ing on the side, and even then the shlub was able to hold aggro.

He wasn't crit-capped, he had some PvP gear, his parry and dodge were pathetically low, and his HP was abysmal so I had to drop large heals on a frequent basis and take over-healing and lower mana efficiency as the price of doing business, but he held aggro so it was alllll good. Only wiped once, and it wasn't because of threat issues. It was because he didn't realize that three groups of trash were going to spread out, got too close, and aggro'd all 9 mobs at once.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#53jowephocksPosted 12/6/2012 11:57:52 AM
Doing LFR dpsing as a tank spec.

Not being in the worst handful of dps by far as well.
#54mestupkid185Posted 12/6/2012 12:03:41 PM
trolling
#55Skeletal_KingPosted 12/6/2012 4:01:04 PM
NtheRiddle posted...
"Turn your pets taunt off"
"....ghouls don't taunt"
"Get rid of this idiot he doesn't even know his class"
".......seriously"

*you have be removed from the group*

This was around ZA/ZG heroic release...

Oh god. That reminds me of this one time I got kicked from a dungeon on my Hunter because I was swapping my pets out constantly.

Got into Stonecore, and holy **** that was a cluster**** of drops. CONSTANTLY losing DPS and heals. The Tank and I were the only ones who stayed. So, I was constantly swapping my pets out to maximize the parties effectiveness based on who's in the group.

I kept 4 pets in rotation. Cat, Wolf, Raptor, Dragonhawk. Cat if no warrior/DK, Wolf if Warrior/DK, but no feral. Raptor if Feral and warrior. Dragonhawk if there's 2 mages/Balance druids in the group.

After the 20th drop/pet switch the tank finally got fed up and goes "hunter WTF r u doin ur supposed to pick 1 pet and stick with it u noob"
I was like "Uhh... No? Picking a pet is fine if the group lacks that buff, but keeping one pet even if that buff exists and conflicts is stupid."
Tank then launches a kick request against me because I "couldn't play a Hunter worth ****" adn I get kicked.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#56ArcticLichPosted 12/6/2012 4:26:20 PM
In Well of Eternity back in 4.3, I was tanking with my Blood DK and my IRL friend was sitting next to me, playing on his laptop, also in the group. This elitist DK came in with full DS 10 reg gear and was in Blood Spec with Blood Presence on, and kept telling me how bad my tanking was, and then proceeded to kick me, despite my IRL friend saying no, the rest voted yes. A fit of rage by my friend ensued. He was then kicked as well.
#57MarikhenPosted 12/6/2012 9:40:37 PM
I wonder if that was the same death knight I kicked from an instance during Wrath, though the gear would imply otherwise.

I was doing a Hellfire Ramparts run on my hunter for the socketed stuff as I was putting together a pet tanking build. At this point it seems rather prophetic. The tank we got was a "Blood" DK with one point spent in the Blood tree and nothing else. He didn't have a sigil, he was using the PvP trinket (which would have been fine in Sethekk Halls or Mana Tombs with the fears and MC, but not in HR), his armor was mixed DK starter greens and DK quest blues, and his weapon was a huge thorium battleaxe.

Shortly after everything loaded up he started pulling. And pulling. And pulling. All the while the healer was going through mana like water to keep him up, and even with Growl turned off my pet was holding aggro better than the DK. Thankfully we managed to kick him a little after we downed the first boss. After that the run went smooth as water and the healer had enough mana, and attention, to spare on doing some DPS while my bear tanked the rest of the instance.

I almost wish I'd taken a screenshot of that person to see how they're doing now. Almost.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#58Groudon_is_GoldPosted 12/6/2012 10:24:04 PM
I've learned when someone plans to kick me. Usually it's if I get into an argument with a tank or a healer. The kick is usually preceded by a "hold up" remark between pulls because they can't kick you shortly after combat.

Whenever the above situation occurs and I know he inevitable vote kick is coming, I MD or ToT whoever I was arguing with and pull as much as I can then fd/vanish to watch the others die.

Yeah, I'm kinda bitter.
---
99% of my posts are from a phone so please excuse me if I don't follow links or spellcheck.
#59ss5joshuaPosted 12/6/2012 10:28:08 PM
Groudon_is_Gold posted...
I've learned when someone plans to kick me. Usually it's if I get into an argument with a tank or a healer. The kick is usually preceded by a "hold up" remark between pulls because they can't kick you shortly after combat.

Whenever the above situation occurs and I know he inevitable vote kick is coming, I MD or ToT whoever I was arguing with and pull as much as I can then fd/vanish to watch the others die.

Yeah, I'm kinda bitter.

Meh, I'll usually just taunt a critter on the ground nearby. So long as combat is going, you can't be kicked :P
---
Best Song Ever:
http://youtu.be/G-4u5L4um0c
#60PsoloquoisePosted 12/6/2012 10:34:58 PM
Groudon_is_Gold posted...

Yeah, I'm kinda bitter.

What I've done before is, vote kick the offending person but put the reason as "BAD "insert your name/class"" or something like that. A lot of the time people don't even check the name and blindly click on kick.