This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reason you have been kicked

#61The Steel PhantomPosted 12/6/2012 10:37:37 PM
I've personally got people kicked before by using Tricks of the Trade on them and getting them killed multiple times, or making it look like they pulled crap that caused a wipe. Most people forget about Tricks even being possible, so when PlayerX is the first to die from an extra group or mobs, or keeps "pulling aggro" at the start of a fight, it's easy for a group to just see them as a baddy. :P
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~
#62Sephiroth C RyuPosted 12/7/2012 5:05:05 PM
Don't seem to recall any instance of ever getting kicked myself. Which means it probably has happened only once or twice at best.

May have helped that I started back in vanilla before people had the ability to easily obtain a new party member from some convenient LFG system or something. We walked and swam and rode our slow little horsies all the way to Scarlet Monestary or Dire Maul or Stratholme as a group of 5. We sure as hell weren't going to throw someone out unless they were at least 10 times as bad as what it takes to get a kick these days.

I am pretty certain that had I been playing for my first time after LFG came out, I probably would have had some more. Because I was almost embarassingly bad at gearing till I got up to 60. As in, I was a druid with half int gear and half rogue gear. Oh, and the laughable mess my talent tree was in till high level was terrible.

In retrospect, people back then were substantially less know-it-all back then as well. Considering no one told me to fix my damn bad spec until I was almost 60, much taking issue about the gear I had on.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#63FalosPosted 12/7/2012 5:51:34 PM
Playing in might gear perfectly imitating that of Saurfang, including agility enchant.

Pre-xmog.
---
Ever squish your face on a window? Looks funny. Ever got stuck?
#64AmakusaPosted 12/7/2012 5:56:27 PM
The Steel Phantom posted...
I've personally got people kicked before by using Tricks of the Trade on them and getting them killed multiple times, or making it look like they pulled crap that caused a wipe.

I've had this happen before, it was a pre-made group of everyone except me. Fortunately I was on a Hunter at the time so I retaliated by misdirecting the healer.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#65TheRaven1406Posted 12/7/2012 6:01:18 PM
8) and 9) happened the most, 9 especially on my healer (rarely on tank), 8 on any DPS
6) a few times too, but after a few kicks because of this, I decided to keep quiet about it
#66ThrosorPosted 12/7/2012 7:15:29 PM
I got kicked from a raid finder group for putting a train set down just before we started fighting Ultraxion and that's it.
---
GT & Steam: TheActionAss
Secretly the King of Bees.
#67mistrfantasyPosted 12/8/2012 7:53:29 AM
As a dk tank and hunter, 90% of the times I get kicked is bc "I pull too fast".
#68KhazarorPosted 12/8/2012 8:25:44 AM
Playing with people from Stormscale/Frostwhisper.
---
Lollipop Crusader killing people without getting arrested.
#69Ghengi5Tr0nPosted 12/8/2012 8:29:07 AM
My favorite was when I was in heroic Scholo and there was another dps player with almost the identical name as me. His dps sucked and died during the Rattlegore fight and kept blaming the healer. So they end up voting to kick me because they had mistaken my name for his. I recieved a tell from the tank of the group a little later apologizing. I wasn't mad I thought it was pretty funny.
---
"Walk through the flames with me until I'm free and from life departed piss on my dead skin, you broken hearted"
#70varsityte82Posted 12/8/2012 9:05:39 AM
I was a dk tanking and a shadow priest kept leap of faith'ing me randomly while running and once during a boss that whiped us, so i let them all take a mob while i sat on the other side of the room.....i stlll think leap of faith needs to be agree'd upon or not allowed cause its annoying when you are trying to tank
---
GT: B0rd3r Patro1