This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Priest Questions.

#11BobTDonutPosted 12/4/2012 10:30:58 AM
Most Mages will be going between Frost and Arcane now. They will be Arcane for any fight where they can sit and turret for single target damage for most of the fight, and Frost for anything else, especially AoE fights.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#12DanteDemonBloodPosted 12/4/2012 10:32:56 AM
BobTDonut posted...
Most Mages will be going between Frost and Arcane now. They will be Arcane for any fight where they can sit and turret for single target damage for most of the fight, and Frost for anything else, especially AoE fights.

Was fire really nerfed that bad? Thanks for the info....
---
GT: DanteDemonBlood
Hakuna Matata means marijuana.
#13Genocet_10-325Posted 12/4/2012 10:35:36 AM
DanteDemonBlood posted...
BobTDonut posted...

Yes, I haven't seen any class get hit that hard with the nerfbat in a while.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno
Tayphetamine - Mal'ganis Horde -http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Tayphetamine/simple
#14Markathy09(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:41:31 AM
Well it is good to hear that disc healing is good again. That is hands down my favorite spec. I am incredibly saddened to hear that I can only be a sub par dps at best. :( Thanks for the input guys.
#15DanteDemonBloodPosted 12/4/2012 10:42:02 AM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
DanteDemonBlood posted...
BobTDonut posted...

Yes, I haven't seen any class get hit that hard with the nerfbat in a while.

Wow. Are frost Mages at least in the top 5 best DPSers'? Because that's all Mages have. Their DPS. The other Clothers have something else to bring to the table. Locks have pets and fear. Priests have healing, buffs, and shield. The only thing a Mage can do is DPS. They deserve to have the best DPS If you get what I'm saying. If not that's just bull. Thanks guys.
---
#16tiger002Posted 12/4/2012 11:10:33 AM
Shadow seems to be doing pretty good for pve. Raidbots lists them around 6th place for spec score depending on what mode you look like.

Also, what nerfs did fire take that were so bad? I see the combustion one, but it also says that the damage was brought up to compensate for only getting damage from ignite. Still, fire appeared to be too strong, so a nerf was needed.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#17DanteDemonBloodPosted 12/4/2012 11:13:53 AM
tiger002 posted...
Shadow seems to be doing pretty good for pve. Raidbots lists them around 6th place for spec score depending on what mode you look like.

Also, what nerfs did fire take that were so bad? I see the combustion one, but it also says that the damage was brought up to compensate for only getting damage from ignite. Still, fire appeared to be too strong, so a nerf was needed.

Because of Criticaly masterd man! It was the only reason to play a fire Mage!
---
#18MegaSlushPosted 12/4/2012 11:18:37 AM

They later reduced Combustion's damage by 50% in a hotfix. Also, Critical Mass now multiplies your critical chance by x1.25, down from x1.5. That's a huge nerf IMO.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#19BobTDonutPosted 12/4/2012 12:45:43 PM

Raid Bots also takes parses from the last 60 days, and thus has another 7 weeks of raiding before this patch happened and the various nerfs/buffs happened to each class. Not saying that the info is inaccurate, but that it will be skewed a decent amount compared to what is happening this week. I mean it still shows Fire Mages on the very top when they aren't even close anymore.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg