This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which version of the game did you enjoy most?

#11Wyrmwarrior5Posted 12/4/2012 10:36:26 PM
While it has aged terribly, I really enjoyed BC when it was relevant content. I think that was the time where I experienced the most sheer wonder and sense of adventure. However, I think that the time I overall enjoyed the most was WotLK. It was the expansion I played the most of, and the one that I really fully experienced to its maximum. I'm reserving my full judgment of MoP until more time passes (Since I loved Cata at the start, and began disliking it as content patches rolled out), but so far I'm really liking it.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#12SeroguehPosted 12/4/2012 10:44:18 PM
BIMHB posted...
The reason people like wotlk is because it made everyone feel like a pro, where as Cata exposed the terrible players/casuals for what they really are-it separated the weeds from the tares. its obvious why garbage players would prefer wotlk.

Really? So it has nothing to do with the fact that Northrend had the best atmosphere and areas, in my opinion of course, which reminded me of my home country and music that makes me have goosebumps every time I hear it. Not to mention a pretty interesting villain and story overall. The moment I stepped in Howling Fjord I felt right at home, and that's why I loved Wrath of the Lich King so much. That a video game can influence one's feelings that way. Whereas in Cataclysm, the only memorable area for me is Vashj'ir. Everything else was just pretty uninteresting. Nothing too new to see, although I did enjoy that expansion too. I'm indifferent about Mists of Pandaria, because I just started the trial and can't say much yet... Oh, and classic WoW felt like the greatest thing ever, since it was the first MMO I played. I'd probably remember that everything was better than they really were.
---
That guy is a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!
#13Sellus GraviusPosted 12/4/2012 10:47:15 PM
wotlk imo. I love Northrend, the questing, the dungeons, everything was cool and fun. The raids were also fun and had great atmospheres (Naxx and Ulduar, come on..). But besides that, it was just a favorite for me because it was my first time being max level and raiding. I was a little Gnome warrior and played with some really cool people and just had some of the most fun times ever. Nothing can top those times for me in WoW anymore. I still enjoy it, but I'll always look back on that as my favorite time in WoW.
#140pt1muzPr1m3Posted 12/5/2012 10:04:21 AM
Warcraft 3 :p

Can't really vote; I started WoW in cata, but I'm no stranger to warcraft in general.
---
Twenty-three is number one!
#15InfestedAdamPosted 12/5/2012 11:27:43 AM
I'm torn between Mist of Pandaria and Burning Crusade. I really enjoyed the raiding and instances in Burning Crusade but felt the attunement and rep grind was a whee bit too much. For my friends and I those were not an issue as there was five of us with me as a healer and another friend as a tank so grinding to enter Heroics was easy for us.

But not all my guildmates had access to easily accessible and reliable parties due to time restrain and/or reluctance of running with PUGs. These were good people and players but the grind killed their interest in the game really fast.

With Mist of Pandaria I really like how more content was put in for secondary professions as well as the whole Asian theme. Valley of the Four Winds especially I love because it reminds me of the Shire. A bunch of simple folks farming, eating and drinking.

However the loss of specs did annoy me a bit. I know most people typically go with cookie-cutter builds anyway when min/maxing but there was still something nice about it that made your character feel like your very own so to speak.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#16TheGreatCheezePosted 12/5/2012 11:29:44 AM
I liked Wrath because I felt like a pro when I did raids and heroics, but Cata came and everything went hardmode so I hate Cata.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#17HellsControllerPosted 12/5/2012 11:40:32 AM
Vanilla and BC. But I know for a fact the only reason I do is solely due to nostalgia goggles.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#18PailheadPosted 12/5/2012 11:48:33 AM
BIMHB posted...
The reason people like wotlk is because it made everyone feel like a pro, where as Cata exposed the terrible players/casuals for what they really are-it separated the weeds from the tares. its obvious why garbage players would prefer wotlk.

I like this guy, he speaks the truth.
---
Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something.
#19blax34dmPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:26 AM
BIMHB posted...

Cata was easy mode
#20MarndosPosted 12/5/2012 1:05:17 PM
I started in vanilla (December 2004), and was old enough at the time to notice a lot of glaring issues the game had and I didn't let it leave a rosy impression on me such that I'd claim today that it was the best era of WoW and Blizz needs to give us a vanilla server NAO. I liked it enough at the time primarily because it wasn't as much of a time sink as EverQuest (Which I played for years before WoW) and with life getting busier WoW was the better option for me.

I liked how BC handled heroics and such, I actually didn't mind having to figure out where my gear upgrades were (usually the result of lengthier quest chains or drops in dungeons) and get myself ready before just jumping into heroics straight at 70. I was happy with where the skill bar was, having to CC nearly every pull and avoid other dangers even in regular instances. I wasn't the biggest fan of Outland in terms of questing (except Nagrand), though I did think it was superior to the old world at the time.

Part of the reason I enjoyed my time in Wrath was cause a lot of my friends played at the time. Aside from that, I enjoyed questing in Northrend much more than Outland but was disappointed with the gradual reduction in the skill bar. I didn't care much for the endgame in Wrath so I actually quit before the ICC instances were released, but came back in time for Cataclysm.

Since I'm an altoholic, I thoroughly enjoyed the changes to the old world introduced in Cata. It made questing much less of a dull pain in the ass and also offered some fun new storylines in each zone along with some truly hilarious quests (The Day That Deathwing Came, Welcome to the Machine, etc.). I was hopeful they'd make instances (at least heroics) a bit more challenging again, and was disappointed when they decided to again neuter content. I'm not going to objectively claim this is bad for the game, but I personally don't care for making the game easier.

It's a bit early for me to judge MoP as a whole, but so far I think it offers the best questing experience out of any expansion (inb4 XP jokes). I really enjoy some of the class changes made in 5.0.4. The dungeons are fine, I guess...there are some fun parts but I wish the skill bar were a little higher again. I do appreciate how they're trying really hard to give Bored 90s more stuff to do, although the pet battle system has some serious balance issues (at least it did before 5.1, not sure about now) and dailies do get quite exhausting.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.