This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So iI've been a Super-casual wow player for years,

#1IMAYCAUSECANCERPosted 12/4/2012 6:52:31 PM
i remember back before alot of the expansions and changes and the beginning of the game wasn't super hard if you were good but had its annoying parts. now after the most recent expansions and patches it just seems like EVERYTHING is way to easy. i'm not saying i want it back the way it was originally because that was annoying for someone like me that jumps on every once in a while. but now it seems like the only way it could be any easier would be if every single mission before 30 was just talking to people.

for example
amount of exp, level speed with missions
distance between said missions you can level up almost twice in like 10 minutes even at ten eleven range
bags seem to show up super early now i remember sending my alts money from my main just to go to AH and buy bags.

TL;DR: even for a super casual gamer this seems WAY to easy now agree/disagree?
---
This topic has been closed by a Moderator or Administrator.
#2AllGodsDiePosted 12/4/2012 7:40:29 PM
IMAYCAUSECANCER posted...
i remember back before alot of the expansions and changes and the beginning of the game wasn't super hard if you were good but had its annoying parts. now after the most recent expansions and patches it just seems like EVERYTHING is way to easy. i'm not saying i want it back the way it was originally because that was annoying for someone like me that jumps on every once in a while. but now it seems like the only way it could be any easier would be if every single mission before 30 was just talking to people.

for example
amount of exp, level speed with missions
distance between said missions you can level up almost twice in like 10 minutes even at ten eleven range
bags seem to show up super early now i remember sending my alts money from my main just to go to AH and buy bags.

TL;DR: even for a super casual gamer this seems WAY to easy now agree/disagree?

Your whole rant is on leveling... Leveling doesn't need to be focused toward hardcore gamers anyway. Thats only going to thin the players if the content that doesn't even matter takes forever. Plus leveling is boring as mess. Its end game content that matters in a rpg. Kotor had a awesome leveling process but the end game was crap. The population died off because of that factor. Who cares if they make leveling faster. It just means you can have more time with high level classes.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#3XtraTPosted 12/4/2012 10:50:03 PM
this thread gave me cancer
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#4Table-kunPosted 12/4/2012 11:21:45 PM
XtraT posted...
this thread gave me cancer

i swear it better be zombie cancer this time.
#5sabrewolfPosted 12/5/2012 1:53:34 AM
mission

---
Can you feel that Hybrid Rainbow?
#6PanzerscrapPosted 12/5/2012 3:25:52 AM
Wow, a lot of hate for this guy.

I agree with you. I've been casual during much of my WoW experience past classic due to my job, which prohibited raiding. (not a guild in the world raids during my peak hours). During Wrath I was very casual, didn't play too much, and it took forever to gear my tank for Heroics, and even longer to get him to be able to pug Naxx.

Since Mists, though, I am as casual as ever, but am Exalted with 4 factions, and am at ilvl 478. Thats an easy feat for peak hour players running regular raids with guilds, or college kids with 3 hours a day to play, but for me? Its very weird. Yea, the game is very easy now. I'm having fun, but will probably burn out faster.
#7IMAYCAUSECANCER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:19:35 PM
I'm not trying to be a flame magnet i'm just stating facts. I understand that beginning leveling is supposed to be easy, but now you don't even train your newly available skills it just says level up look new skill added. i know the end-game is where it truly gets fun for people that play the game a lot but it seems like hey your casual, well just feed you until you get bored. TBH i haven't ever done a battleground, i have 1 level 68 char and i don't play often at all but if that means they're going to spoon feed me all of the single player aspects hoping i go the other way i find it annoying. At least make the single player game rewarding for those who are just going to do it alone.
---
#8vahndragonwingPosted 12/5/2012 9:21:33 PM
I'm not trying to be a flame magnet i'm just stating facts. I understand that beginning leveling is supposed to be easy, but now you don't even train your newly available skills it just says level up look new skill added. i know the end-game is where it truly gets fun for people that play the game a lot but it seems like hey your casual, well just feed you until you get bored. TBH i haven't ever done a battleground, i have 1 level 68 char and i don't play often at all but if that means they're going to spoon feed me all of the single player aspects hoping i go the other way i find it annoying. At least make the single player game rewarding for those who are just going to do it alone.

yes because it takes some serious skill to go to a trainer every 2 levels

that was what made leveling great, having to take time out of it and fly to a city to train your skills

OH WAIT IT WASNT IT WAS STUPID AND THATS WHY THEY CHANGED IT
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#9That_70s_showPosted 12/5/2012 9:21:45 PM
Level 68. You haven't even seen the current endgame. Sure it's easy, but it's fun.

Also

>Reward single player
> Multiplayer game.
---
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll10/y3kman/YuuDance.gif
#10IMAYCAUSECANCER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:00:53 PM
That_70s_show posted...
Level 68. You haven't even seen the current endgame. Sure it's easy, but it's fun.

Also

>Reward single player
> Multiplayer game.

Thank you for the concise answer.
since you said single player reward it makes it seem like i should continue with his questline and see where it goes . I will admit that when i got that toon to 65 that was the endgame portion. it feels good to hear that it gets rewarding somewhere along -that line.

*btw if you have the tyrael mount and you learn it at lvl 20 that just makes a ground mount correct, you still have to wait to lvl 60 to fly? i'm sure it works that way i just want to make sure i don't learn it and can't even ride it on the ground until lvl 60
---