Add a 4th spec to your class! (sorry druids, none for you)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Add a 4th spec to your class! (sorry druids, none for you)
4 years ago#11
My main is a druid - so here's on for my primary alt's class, shaman (which has been mentioned before, but not in this thread):

Tank spec. Not sure what I'd name it, but you'd havge a spell similar to Righteous Fury that you cast on yourself to boost threat, change the Rockbiter unleash to a proper taunt (instead of a fixate) and passives to boost defensive ability since you're wearing mail. Gearing would be similar to Enhance except it would use a 2h instead of dual wielding - this would also allow Blizzard to bring back 2h agility maces since multiple classes would be able to use them again.
4 years ago#12
Death Knight-- Runic. Ranged caster spec, uses shadow and arcane elemental damage, wears spell plate, caster weapons, and has a spirit to hit conversion so they can share gear with holy paladins. Their runic power acts more like a mana (or energy?) bar instead of a rage bar-- it regenerates while out of combat, although using runes also regenerates runic. Their most powerful attacks will take runic power.

The idea is a ranged caster that plays more like a melee character than most. Not many cast times.

Runic Strikes (Passive)-- Your melee strikes and Pestilence now have a 40 yard range. The range of your Icy Touch and Death Coil is also increased to 40 yards. However, you can no longer dual wield. [I think the range on most ranged DPS abilities is 40 yards. If I'm wrong, assume that the 40 is whatever it's supposed to be.]

Runic Presence-- Your runic power regenerates slowly while your are out of combat, and your main hand weapon DPS is increased by x% of your spellpower. [This is to make up for the fact that caster weapon DPS is low, and most Strikes scale with weapon DPS.]

Bone Storm-- 80 runic power, channeled AoE. Conjures a storm of bone shards.

Decimate-- 40 runic power; an instant attack that deals shadow/arcane damage.

Summon Shade-- Replaces Raise Dead. Shades use ranged shadow attacks and have different utility abilities than the typical ghouls.
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
4 years ago#13
Warrior

Spartan

DPS: 2H + shield
uses a shield offensively rather than defensively.

Shield Strike: Heavy strike with the shield dealing 200% weapon damage. Each Heroic Strike has a chance of procing Shield Strike. 8 sec CD.

<insert cool name here>: The warrior discards his shield and goes full offensive. All damage done increases by 100%, however damage taken also increases by 50%. Lasts 10 seconds.
60 sec CD.
Twenty-three is number one!
4 years ago#14
Poacher: Joke spec designed to deal loads of damage but only against Beasts.
4 years ago#15
Priest: Cleric

Chakra: Guardian (Passive) - Inner Fire now increases your armor by 2000% (Or whatever value would be comparable to plate wearers), increases threat generation by 500%, increases your parry chance by your spell power, Smite and Holy Fire are now instant cast, and their mana costs are reduced by 90%.
Holy Strength (Passive) - Attack power increased by spell power.
Holy Word: Strike (Active) - Releases a burst of light in a cone in front of the user, dealing X damage and causing a high amount of threat. Causes targets to focus on the caster.
Holy Defenses (Passive) - Increases the amount of damage your shield absorbs by X, and each time you parry an attack weakened soul's effect is reduced by one second.
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. -John F Kennedy
4 years ago#16
So... Warlocks in plate is what I'm getting from this... I mean more so than DKs already are...
.....umm .....yeah
"All the facts in the world don't change the fact that there are NO... MORE... TWINKIES!" - Foamy
4 years ago#17
Mage: Time Warden
Healer

Description: The Time Warden is capable of affecting the flow of time causing wounds to heal faster or even to rewind the injury a short time.

Mastery: Vortex Manipulation. The mage grows more adept at manipulating the flow of time causing Alter Time, Rollback, and Fast Forward to increase in duration by 1 second (+0.1s/mastery %) and all Vortex spells to heal 1% more per 1% of mastery.

Rollback : Instant Cast: 2 minute CD: Rolls back the target up to 2 seconds returning Health to the highest level it was at in that time period. Cannot be cast on a dead player Rollback length increased by Mastery.

Fast Forward: Instant Cast: Causes the target's wounds to heal more quickly. HoT effect. Duration and healing amount should be balanced. Duration Increased by Mastery.

Vortex Drain: Channeled: The mage opens up a time vortex which pulses every 2 sec, healing(by speeding the wound healing rate) the 5 most injured party or raid members within 40 yards for (Tranq amount)

Vortex Manipulation: Warps the time vortex to instantly heal the target for (healing amount)(balanced like a small cheap heal)

Vortex Command: Warps the time vortex to instantly heal the target for (healing amount)(balanced like a big slow heal)

Alter Time; Changed: Can now be cast on other players, but if it is, no longer saves buffs and debuffs, only health and mana/rage/energy.

Vortex Call: Warps the time vortex to instantly heal the target for (healing amount)(balanced like a fast expensive heal)

Of course, all numbers would have to be balanced to fit with other healers... But I think it would be cool.
http://doc.cat-v.org/economics/bar_stool_economics This is how the American tax system works...
---
4 years ago#18
Mage: Vendor

"Reaches further into the nether to expand utility"

Guess it can be a healer as well.

-Mastery increases the benefit recieved from conjured items (+1 stam/int/etc per certain %)
-A jeeves type of water genie, 3min CD on summon vendor)
-Summons bank
-Places some knock-off totem which pulsates arcane explosions
-Minor glyph blink = roll
-Reverse life grip to summon.
-insert other abilities stolen from other classes here (Similar to what monks did).
4 years ago#19
NtheRiddle posted...
So... Warlocks in plate is what I'm getting from this... I mean more so than DKs already are...

Nah actual Necromancer, lots of simultaneous UD minions, and blood and bone themed curses and ranged spells
4 years ago#20
Caster pally; name it Smite Master or whatever.
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Add a 4th spec to your class! (sorry druids, none for you)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived